Another ride with Salesman Steve

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Stopped in at the local shop yesterday and Salesman Steve says "What are you doing tomorrow?" I laughed and said "riding... I ride everyday. Why do you want to go?" He says "Yea, man". So I said " Ok, meet you at the shop at 9..don't be late and make sure you have gas"

He was actually a couple minutes early, unlike last time when I was getting ready to leave just as he pulled down the street ..(.he got lucky, he was 5 minutes late..6 by the time he got in the parking lot. Had he been 1 more minute behind I would have been gone)

He wanted to learn some more local curvy roads so I plotted a route that would hit some good ones. Very little traffic, lots of curves, lots of elevation changes. A mid day lunch and then ride some more.

Here are some pics from the day



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%20Sept%2024%202015%20036_zpsxshoskun.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%20Sept%2024%202015%20020_zpsstorztls.jpg.html]

We stopped for lunch at a place called Country Inn in Georgetown Ohio. Steve rides a real clean ZRX Kawi, lime green of course. Nice bike. Has "twin shocks and round gauges baby" like a motorcycle should

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%20Sept%2024%202015%20021_zpsnwzm9jka.jpg.html]

Steve had a pork chop sandwich and baked sweet potato (I had a club sandwich and fries)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%20Sept%2024%202015%20023_zpsasv01asy.jpg.html]

and then asked about dessert. I opined that he should try the orange cake, a huge 3 layer cake that tastes like a creamsickle ice cream bar. He just kept saying "Oh dude, this is so good" lol

after lunch it was back to the curves

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%20Sept%2024%202015%20031_zpsnjatmn4a.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%20Sept%2024%202015%20012_zps2xv6fyuh.jpg.html]

Good day, 150 miles, little to no traffic, we hit some outstanding roads in this county and the county just east of here.

Have fun Steve? (he's a lurker on this forum)



.
 
Sounds like great day and some good photos. You're right Ferret, that Kwaka is a real bike. Well over 100 neddies . A contemporary of the GSX 1400, another beaut bike.

Why did you post that food photo? I was just about to have a light breakfast of a cup of tea and a slice of toast (with a light smear of Vegemite) until I saw that. Now it's going to be the full English.

Cheers
 
Looks like a great ride and some great food. I had the same reaction to the pork chop sandwich as Ptero. My stomach starting rumbling as I scrolled down through the pics :P
 
Thread starter
Yea we had a great day of riding and some good chow. Enjoyed the ride so much I went out and did another 33 miles of curves after dinner tonight.

Did 140 miles yesterday with my younger brother and we found a place that had some awesome food. Fried chicken, REAL mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, bowl of fresh fruit. I'm going to need a 2200cc bike if I keep eating like this lol.
 
Isn't that Kawi the "Eddie Lawson" model?...I always have given a long second look at that model...a 1200cc if I remember correctly...butter smooth response with carbs!...CARBS, now that I mention it...your lunches look like they "are to ride for"!...enjoyed the ride report...
 
Salesman Steve is lucky to have a curve director like the Ferret, I reckon.
 
Back
Top