Another great Kawasaki Z1 restoration

That was a heck of a restoration.
 
Great restoration, great video clip, always pleasure to watch. Thanks for sharing.
 
That is just a pleasure to watch...I fell asleep for 15 minutes in the middle, so I'll have to go back and rewatch a bit, but my goodness...best movie I've seen in a long time! Come to think of it, I fall asleep during most other movies I watch too.
 
pdedse_imp said:
That is just a pleasure to watch...I fell asleep for 15 minutes in the middle, so I'll have to go back and rewatch a bit, but my goodness...best movie I've seen in a long time! Come to think of it, I fall asleep during most other movies I watch too.
... and it's not even close to 9:30 pm local time! :P
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
That is just a pleasure to watch...I fell asleep for 15 minutes in the middle, so I'll have to go back and rewatch a bit, but my goodness...best movie I've seen in a long time! Come to think of it, I fall asleep during most other movies I watch too.
... and it's not even close to 9:30 pm local time! :P
... and it's not even close to 9:30 pm local time! :P
Doesn't seem to matter anymore!
 
They had to get new pipes too either oem or fake aftermarket. New gas tank, new seat. If they were oem those had to be big bucks. I bet the guy paid $1899 new for the bike and probably 10 times that to have it restored.
 
Thread starter
I don't think it is that much but these particular models have been increasing in value way more than others. I'm talking about the Z1-900 and the KZ900. Personally, I think the 1976 KZ900 is the best of the lot.

I tried twice to get Johnny to buy and restore a KZ900 for me but there was no follow thru from him so I switched gears and bought my FJR1300. I still watch his resto videos though.

Probably the best way to get one of his restorations is on Ebay. Some of these guys have him restore, drive a thousand or so miles, and then ask him to put it up for sale.
 
There was a guy restoring sandcast CB750's 10 years ago that was getting $30K a pop
 
Sometimes when I see a restored car or motorcycle being sold soon after a restoration AND few miles on it, it makes me wonder if the machine does not run as well as it should. I read a lot a British motorcycle magazines and see quite a few being sold very soon after a restoration were they spend more money than the car/bike is being sold for .
Just a thought !
 
Thread starter
Could be, but I could see myself having a bike or car restored, driving it for a few miles/months to get the urge out of my system and then moving it on. I imagine I'm not alone in this.
 
Back
Top