Another DLX For Sale!

I loved my 18 FJR what a great bike. Just more than I needed now that my wife has quit riding. I really miss it sometimes, but that feeling is starting to fade.
 
Yep, everybody has different perspective on things. I've owned a Gen II FJR and now a Gen III... both of them "Ivan'ized" and with beautiful suspension on them. My '16 makes me giddy every time I take it out.

Did the same loop on Saturday and Sunday, first day on the CB and yesterday on the FJR. For me, anything over 75 mph on the CB is a chore and I'm fighting to hold on. The FJR on the other hand doesn't care what speed it is. Also, it's instant power and wonderful brakes do wonders for me. The icing though.... that cruise control button.
 
Yamaha FJRs were positioned as Sport Tourers, and they have always been competent and comfortable.

I view the CB1100 as a "rawer" (less refined) alternative. That is, experiences are somewhat closer to the rider's soul. The rider feels more, and in some cases like wind blast, puts up with more. In return, the resonance of the ride is carried in the rider's bone marrow, possibly so deep that it may last beyond riding retirement.
 
michael1954_imp said:
Sounds like the DLX I picked up last year with 201 miles on it, and in storage. But, I am still working on my, replacing all the 'rusted/faded parts'. The underside of the front fender was totally rusted, while the top looked brand new. Beware of bikes from storage! PS...my gas tank still looked new inside, but was replaced because of a tiny dent and partial fading. Now I have an extra DLX gas tank that is about impossible to sale.
Hey Michael! I pmd ya about that tank you mentioned! I’m looking/hoping to find a bigger capacity tank, I’ve been getting gas every other day and I’m pretty sick of it :-/
 
Well- I clicked- and at least it is a very well done conversion. I was expecting some 'cafe' hack job that should be on craig's list instead.

Take a low mile DLX- and he has added a good $10k in parts on top of that- as well as labor and still has the stock parts.

So- low 20's to replicate this yourself, if you can find a bike to start with, if all those parts are still made, deal with ordering, waiting, then installing. Many thousands more if paying a shop to do the work.

So yea- the price is high... but it is 'best offer' as well.
 
I guess finding a bike to start with depends on where you look. There have been two CB1100s for sale on the Phoenix Craigslist for a few weeks now - a 2013 and a 2014. One in the Phoenix area and the other about halfway between Phoenix and Flagstaff at Chino Valley. Both with exceptionally low mileage and priced at a fraction of the Ebay 750 replica. That Ebay bike is very beautiful - a showpiece, not something you'd want to commute on.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Wagonpeddler_imp said:
Wonder if a forum member from Wisconsin is selling this one....A CB1100 for $35,000!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203957583135?hash=item2f7cd1bd1f:g:EaUAAOSwGKZihASc
Has the looks almost like Bazbro's.
Has the looks almost like Bazbro's.
Yes! You're right!

A different (Samurider's?) seat, and that lovely silver engine that I would have preferred, but otherwise virtually identical.

I see he's selling all the bits that came off it. I'd be inclined to let him keep all those bits and reduce the ridiculously high price. Let HIM have the hassle of selling it all !
 
Nope. Mine is EX, with the half-black engine . Everything else is the same though, polished footrest carriers, etc.

Oh, plus... mine is 2018 and has only done 160 miles!

Finally, it will be considerably cheaper. ;)
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Are they both DLX with the silver engine / peg steps / forks / triple tree / gauge needles - and around 3500 miles?
That would be too easy, wouldn't it? One is a very standard 2013 with 3790 miles for $7100 or best offer, the other is a black 2014 with 3781 miles for $7700. So kind of expensive for donor bikes and of course, neither is a DLX all the goodies, but when you want a donor bike, beggars can't be choosers.
All I am saying is there are bikes out there, if you look for them.
 
That’s like saying an orange is out there when you want an apple.

No matter how much you peel it- it won’t be the same.

Very few low mile ‘6-speed 14 DLX out there - silver engine, silver dual exhaust steps, abs, etc.

Standard bikes are a dime a dozen in comparison.

Building a ‘82 nighthawk replica? Start with a standard. This bike? Nah.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
That’s like saying an orange is out there when you want an apple.

No matter how much you peel it- it won’t be the same.

Very few low mile ‘6-speed 14 DLX out there - silver engine, silver dual exhaust steps, abs, etc.

Standard bikes are a dime a dozen in comparison.

Building a ‘82 nighthawk replica? Start with a standard. This bike? Nah.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every day on this forum I learn something new about this bike and it's owners. Thanks, PowerDubs, consider me schooled.
 
No probs, Dubs! :D

This 'silver engine'...

The silver parts of my engine (head, covers ) are all silver painted. The head is not the raw aluminium casting of, say, my '72 CB750 K2's engine. Is the 2014 silver engine painted or raw aluminium?
 
That actually depends on the market / country. Overseas many are painted silver.

I have never seen a dlx in real life - but have purchased & installed the engine side covers and they are polished with a shiny clearcoat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
That actually depends on the market / country. Overseas many are painted silver.

I have never seen a dlx in real life - but have purchased & installed the engine side covers and they are polished with a shiny clearcoat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. :thumbsup:

My engine has a painted head and painted side covers.

It's an "engine out" job, but the entire engine/gearbox (which is black apart from the head) COULD be painted silver.
 
Back
Top