KiowaEagle_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Try to advertise as a bigger capacity tank of DLX-4.6 gal vs STD-3.9 gal.michael1954_imp said:Sounds like the DLX I picked up last year with 201 miles on it, and in storage. But, I am still working on my, replacing all the 'rusted/faded parts'. The underside of the front fender was totally rusted, while the top looked brand new. Beware of bikes from storage! PS...my gas tank still looked new inside, but was replaced because of a tiny dent and partial fading. Now I have an extra DLX gas tank that is about impossible to sale.
Try to advertise as a bigger capacity tank of DLX-4.6 gal vs STD-3.9 gal.peterbaron_imp said:Try to advertise as a bigger capacity tank of DLX-4.6 gal vs STD-3.9 gal.michael1954_imp said:Sounds like the DLX I picked up last year with 201 miles on it, and in storage. But, I am still working on my, replacing all the 'rusted/faded parts'. The underside of the front fender was totally rusted, while the top looked brand new. Beware of bikes from storage! PS...my gas tank still looked new inside, but was replaced because of a tiny dent and partial fading. Now I have an extra DLX gas tank that is about impossible to sale.
Some riders want a bit bigger tank, and this is what I did with my '14 STD.
How much longer to finish your DLX project?



I wish!peterbaron_imp said:This looks good, better than the previous one! Good job
Sparky, out of curiosity... are you getting paid commission for snooping on DLXs for sale..??..![]()
I wish!Sparky80_imp said:I wish!peterbaron_imp said:This looks good, better than the previous one! Good job
Sparky, out of curiosity... are you getting paid commission for snooping on DLXs for sale..??..![]()
I guess being retired gives me plenty of time to search the interwebs. I'm always looking for bikes that interest me to buy.
Right, I do. BUT... I'm not opposed to selling it as it doesn't speak to me like my FJR. I guess I'm more curious to see how many DLX's there are for sale and what they are going for.peterbaron_imp said:I wish!Sparky80_imp said:I wish!peterbaron_imp said:This looks good, better than the previous one! Good job
Sparky, out of curiosity... are you getting paid commission for snooping on DLXs for sale..??..![]()
I guess being retired gives me plenty of time to search the interwebs. I'm always looking for bikes that interest me to buy.
I guess being retired gives me plenty of time to search the interwebs. I'm always looking for bikes that interest me to buy.
...but you already have one DLX
Fascinating. I loved my FJR (it was an '02 Gen 1) and I thought about getting a Gen 2 or 3 FJR, but while it was a MARVELOUS bike, it didn't "speak to me" like the CB. But that's why there are so many different bikes, so that we can all find the one that flips our switch.Sparky80_imp said:Right, I do. BUT... I'm not opposed to selling it as it doesn't speak to me like my FJR. I guess I'm more curious to see how many DLX's there are for sale and what they are going for.peterbaron_imp said:I wish!Sparky80_imp said:I wish!peterbaron_imp said:This looks good, better than the previous one! Good job
Sparky, out of curiosity... are you getting paid commission for snooping on DLXs for sale..??..![]()
I guess being retired gives me plenty of time to search the interwebs. I'm always looking for bikes that interest me to buy.
I guess being retired gives me plenty of time to search the interwebs. I'm always looking for bikes that interest me to buy.
...but you already have one DLX