Another bike

Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
It's a black '09 Yamaha XVS1300 V-Star.
Oh, yikes! ... way off!


Just beware to not get stuck in hot, profuse, sweaty and armpit drippy summer cage traffic congestion for very long.
Oh, yikes! ... way off!


Just beware to not get stuck in hot, profuse, sweaty and armpit drippy summer cage traffic congestion for very long.
There's a lot of that in TX. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Bravo won't ride in those conditions. She's a spring and fall rider, for sure.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
It's a black '09 Yamaha XVS1300 V-Star.
Congratulations, Charlie Bravo! Great choice! I have been keeping my eye open for something like that. I like the V twin, belt drive cruiser, but wouldn't walk away from a good deal on one of the shafties in really good condition for the right price. There's some really good prices on these right now. That is nice. Can't wait to see some pictures.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
It's a black '09 Yamaha XVS1300 V-Star.
Oh, yikes! ... way off!


Just beware to not get stuck in hot, profuse, sweaty and armpit drippy summer cage traffic congestion for very long.
Oh, yikes! ... way off!


Just beware to not get stuck in hot, profuse, sweaty and armpit drippy summer cage traffic congestion for very long.
There's a lot of that in TX. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Bravo won't ride in those conditions. She's a spring and fall rider, for sure.
Understood. Totally!
 
Thread starter
I took possession of the Yamaha. I had asked the PO if he could ride it to my house, about a 30 minute ride, and I'd drive him home, but he said he had his own way home, so I got delivered for free. I'd put pics up, but I can't find my phone/laptop cable since the move, but I'll get one and put up some pics. The bike is great, in it's own way. It feels planted in curves, and I'm getting used to the weight and its dynamics. That left floorboard is going to take some getting used to, tho. I can only ride early in the morning, so my miles are limited for now, but Wed. is ride day. I think I'd like to adjust the handlebars a bit, bring them up a little, maybe add a bit of a riser. We'll see how it goes.
peterbaron_imp said:
Congrats CB!!
Thanks, PB. Appreciate it.
 
Congrats Charlie! I take it has a heal/toe shifter? I used to love that on my VTX. There's something very satisfying slamming down on that heal shifter.
 
Yep. Congratulations Charlie Bravo.
 
Congratulations! I'd add a cruiser back to my collection if room weren't an issue. Yeah, I liked the heel-toe shifter on my VTX too!
Definitely a different riding experience than a CB.
 
Thread starter
Yes, it has a heel toe shifter. The Kawi Nomad 1500 I used to have also had one, and that one was easier to use. Both pegs are pretty high on the Yami, but I'm gonna give it some time. Had a short ride this morning, but it's gonna be another triple digit day, and all next week, too.
 
Congratulations on the new wheels, enjoy. It is interesting to see models not on sale here. It would be unusual for any of the Japanese Manufacturers to sell large capacity "cruiser bikes" in Ireland (or most of Europe I guess) as we just don't have those big roads. Harleys and Indians yes but terribly underutilsed here.
 
Back
Top