Andy Griffith Show Barney's Side Car episode

silverbub_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
:D...Somehow...Sometimes...Really great "stuff" passes us by the first, second,... perhaps the tenth time... and then...IF WE'RE LUCKY... we discover the really great "stuff" for the first time... life, it seems,... has these kind of moments... Like last early evening... dreary, first bitter cold days & official winter has not even yet begun...TV on in background... some silly episode of a sitcom from long time past... black/white "old-time" TV show like some of us were "lucky" to have parents who finally got around to getting that one B/W TV (with "rabbit-ears!) placed in "living-room" (as we were growing up into adolescence)... the show on the station was the Andy Griffith Show & it was the Barney's Side-Car "Motersickle" episode!... Got my undivided attention for a really fun 1/2 hour show of great comedy!...I am sure many of you must recall this particular "Sickle" episode of Don Knott's... really funny stuff... and also some dialogue "lines" that certainly ring true to riding a motorcycle... Sure glad I got to see this genuinely funny 1/2 hour show last night(for my first time!)... makes up for many other: "I'll never get that time back from being in that meeting or watching that program!"... here is link to the show for you fellow riders who want see the program!...ENJOY...I certainly Did!!:hello::clap::hello:
 
I've been a fan since I was a kid and the motorsickle episode is one of my faves. I have all the bw episodes on DVD (although, due to copyright issues, the original theme music is omitted, which sucks)

"We'll let me tell ya, Eddie, if I give ya 40 today, it'll be 45 tomorrow. If I give ya 45 tomorrow, it'll be 50 the day after that..." Gotta love Barn.
 
I always liked the Darling episodes

And Ernest T. Bass
 
Many episodes are very good. One of the best is when Barney buys a car from a little old lady. She turns out to be con artist. But the good guys prevail. Very good episode - top 5 I think.
 
Back
Top