Your touring steed will change as you age. I rode around Lake Superior on a '71 Bonneville, in '71. But I was 21 yrs old at the time. Today I would prefer my BMW R1100RT.
A couple years ago, a friend went on a Route 66 trip from Chicago to L.A. that was comprised mostly of Honda Groms and Yamaha Zuma 125s, (although my friend cheated with an XL600). And I remember groups of Honda Helixes (250 scooters) going cross-country. If it has 2 wheels, it's a touring bike. Here's where the Grom/Zuma ride was organized.
A couple years ago, a friend went on a Route 66 trip from Chicago to L.A. that was comprised mostly of Honda Groms and Yamaha Zuma 125s, (although my friend cheated with an XL600). And I remember groups of Honda Helixes (250 scooters) going cross-country. If it has 2 wheels, it's a touring bike. Here's where the Grom/Zuma ride was organized.
A couple years ago, a friend went on a Route 66 trip from Chicago to L.A. that was comprised mostly of Honda Groms and Yamaha Zuma 125s, (although my friend cheated with an XL600). And I remember groups of Honda Helixes (250 scooters) going cross-country. If it has 2 wheels, it's a touring bike. Here's where the Grom/Zuma ride was organized.