An electric CB from Honda

Roper_imp

Been there
Thread starter
"Honda’s patents show that the bike is simply an electric-powered version of the existing CB125R and CB300R—the smallest models in the firm’s Neo-Sports Café range, with styling to match the CB1000R and CB650R. It shares the CB’s frame, styling, suspension, wheels, and brakes, but switches the original four-stroke single for an electric motor."

Story at Cycleworld
 
Given how slowly things work at Honda, we can expect their electric motorcycles to debut just as the market is saturated and ready for something else.

Or they'll be first out with an affordable but mis-marketed one, and then wonder why everyone else then surpasses them.
 
Everybody forgot about the Fury.

And everybody's forgotten about the LiveWire by now as well.

But, it would be nice to see Honda introduce an electric bike. Looking at their new E electric car, it looks pretty retro-cool. Would be neat to see Honda do a similar treatment on an electric motorcycle.
 
the reach radius is all waht i am interestet by electric bikes and cars...

but its nice to see how honda works by / for electric bikes...
 
Honda’s got an electric SuperCub in the works too. That’s where I think this will go first - the scooter market for in town commuting. One interchangeable power cells are out, then larger stuff like a small CB variant works better.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
And I the only one that likes the sound, feel, and smell of an engine?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being electric, and being Honda, I'm sure they could replicate the sound with different sound tracks. Thumper? Hit button 1. Big Twin, hit 2. Hailwood's 6-cylinder road racer, press 6.

They could replicate the feel, with different vibration motors. And they could manipulate different "powerbands" as it gets on the cams, or the turbos kick in.

And they could team up with Air Wick for different aroma dispensers - burnt rubber? smoked clutch? Castrol R pre-mix? Bacon? mmmmm......
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
And I the only one that likes the sound, feel, and smell of an engine?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:hello:

Best sounding motorcycle I ever heard was a Valkyrie with Cobra 6 into 6 pipes with the baffles removed. Sounded like a Chevy big block at idle.
 
I think it is a great idea for the urban commute. There is a Brit show that I watch that takes classic cars and converts them into electric for the owner. They did that to a new Royal Enfield. It looked very promising.
 
SCCBrider_imp said:
I think it is a great idea for the urban commute. There is a Brit show that I watch that takes classic cars and converts them into electric for the owner. They did that to a new Royal Enfield. It looked very promising.
Yes , that is a great show out of Wales , a nice area as well and good mechanics.
 
noroomtomove_imp said:
Electric motorcycles are no doubt out on the road but as yet not sighted in my travels.

Seasons greetings

NRTM
Holiday cheers NRTM.

Maybe up here, either more folks can't afford the good quality, road legal eMotorcycles, or are afraid of getting winter road salt into the electrics. That would be a mess, especially around the power circuits and electric motor if there was a leak.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
And I the only one that likes the sound, feel, and smell of an engine?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are not alone. I love ICE's, manual transmissions and clutch. Part of the joy of riding. I'm glad that at my age I will not live to see the replacement of the ICE.
 
At the Honda Global Motorcycle Briefing today, they revealed a goal of 15% EV by 2030 globally. That doesn't sound like much, but realize that the majority of the markets still are small sub-150cc markets in Asia, where low initial cost is a major influence.

In the North American market though, Honda announced 3 adult EV models by 2024-2025. They showed a cruiser, a scooter, and a naked Neo-Retro style, each partially covered, estimated to be equivalent to 150s.
 
I'm looking forward to being able to ride quietly down a path in the woods and not disturb the wildlife.

Loud noises actually harm the ability of some bird's eggshells to harden properly, causing dramatic decreases in eagle populations and other endangered and at risk species.

And for those who would rather walk than ride an electric motorcycle, see ya... I'll be happily headed down the road on two wheels.
 
Back
Top