Amsoil Recommendation

I went to Cycle Gear today to get some earl for my 10k earl change. The only full-synthetic they had in 10-30 was "Red Line." I've never used it before, but I really like the shape and colors of the bottles it comes in. The bottles sorta look like a funnel, and the labels have lots of graphics and text.

However, when I poured the stuff into the bike, I was alarmed to see that instead of a nice, clear, uniform color, the earl is grey-ish and almost looks used. I'm in a panic. Has anybody else used Red Line?

(PS: the picture shows 10-40, but I got the 10-30.)
 
Red Line is highly recommend for some Moto Guzzi bikes; especially the tranny (like a car, engine and tranny oil are two separate deals). As long as it has the proper API ratings you should be golden. Err, I mean grey.....
 
It might be earl grey oil, Spaceman.

Warning: this post may contain traces of Ferret tea jokes.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I used both Redline 10-30 and 10-40 in the CB. Top shelf oil, your fine.
At 60 damn dollars for four lousy quarts of early I'd better be golden. Then again they had Repsol for twice as much. At that price maybe people snort a few lines of it before dumping it in their bikes.
 
Oil. Oil. Oil. This man is concerned about this precious fluid and has made this short video to alert us to the root cause of oil threads.




Cheers
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I used both Redline 10-30 and 10-40 in the CB. Top shelf oil, your fine.
At 60 damn dollars for four lousy quarts of early I'd better be golden. Then again they had Repsol for twice as much. At that price maybe people snort a few lines of it before dumping it in their bikes.
At 60 damn dollars for four lousy quarts of early I'd better be golden. Then again they had Repsol for twice as much. At that price maybe people snort a few lines of it before dumping it in their bikes. LMAO Liquid Gold
 
Rboe, It has to be true! Its on the internet ;)
 
Thread starter
When I went to the Amsoil site they had a app that would tell you what they recommended for your specific bike. The CB1100 wasn't listed, hence my inquiry. I just posted the content of the reply.
One can become a "Preferred Customer" on the website for a mere pittance financially, and with that comes a nice discount on all their products. No need to pay retail. Just a heads up.
 
Amsoil is good stuff but it aint better than shell rotella for 13 bucks a gallon imo. Just change it every now and again with something.
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
When I went to the Amsoil site they had a app that would tell you what they recommended for your specific bike. The CB1100 wasn't listed, hence my inquiry. I just posted the content of the reply.
One can become a "Preferred Customer" on the website for a mere pittance financially, and with that comes a nice discount on all their products. No need to pay retail. Just a heads up.
If you use AMSOIL and want it at rock bottom prices then check out this link. I believe in it so much I became a dealer and my CB loves it!

5428813 - MARK FISCALETTI - SyntheticsUSA.com
 
Thread starter
Preferred customer since 2000 ;)

fiscy_imp said:
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
When I went to the Amsoil site they had a app that would tell you what they recommended for your specific bike. The CB1100 wasn't listed, hence my inquiry. I just posted the content of the reply.
One can become a "Preferred Customer" on the website for a mere pittance financially, and with that comes a nice discount on all their products. No need to pay retail. Just a heads up.
If you use AMSOIL and want it at rock bottom prices then check out this link. I believe in it so much I became a dealer and my CB loves it!

5428813 - MARK FISCALETTI - SyntheticsUSA.com
If you use AMSOIL and want it at rock bottom prices then check out this link. I believe in it so much I became a dealer and my CB loves it!

5428813 - MARK FISCALETTI - SyntheticsUSA.com
 
furious_blue_imp said:
(I had something here, but decided that it might perpetuate yet another oil war.. so, deleted)
Another oil war? No way mate, that war has been won. Decisively. Julius Caesar or William L Macy? No matter, what they meant to say was, "To the victor the oils".

115b1dfdb5b4e5783da03e447dbf8010.jpg


Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
(I had something here, but decided that it might perpetuate yet another oil war.. so, deleted)
Another oil war? No way mate, that war has been won. Decisively. Julius Caesar or William L Macy? No matter, what they meant to say was, "To the victor the oils".

115b1dfdb5b4e5783da03e447dbf8010.jpg


Cheers
Another oil war? No way mate, that war has been won. Decisively. Julius Caesar or William L Macy? No matter, what they meant to say was, "To the victor the oils".

5ac525060f700c2c9497172f5c8399d2.jpg


Cheers
I'd like to become the sole US distributor of this premium Australian oil. Is it safe to use in my riding mower as well and can I use it as a substitute for olive oil in my recipes?
 
redbirds_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
(I had something here, but decided that it might perpetuate yet another oil war.. so, deleted)
Another oil war? No way mate, that war has been won. Decisively. Julius Caesar or William L Macy? No matter, what they meant to say was, "To the victor the oils".

115b1dfdb5b4e5783da03e447dbf8010.jpg


Cheers
Another oil war? No way mate, that war has been won. Decisively. Julius Caesar or William L Macy? No matter, what they meant to say was, "To the victor the oils".

5ac525060f700c2c9497172f5c8399d2.jpg


Cheers
I'd like to become the sole US distributor of this premium Australian oil. Is it safe to use in my riding mower as well and can I use it as a substitute for olive oil in my recipes?
Another oil war? No way mate, that war has been won. Decisively. Julius Caesar or William L Macy? No matter, what they meant to say was, "To the victor the oils".

50c5f5b3b9dc35d61505b418e4061e07.jpg


Cheers
I'd like to become the sole US distributor of this premium Australian oil. Is it safe to use in my riding mower as well and can I use it as a substitute for olive oil in my recipes?
It will be easier than you expect to become a dealer, mate; you'll be assured you can use it for anything from your CB1100 to one of those V-strom, not CB1100s that Sparky rides, to your lawn mower, your cooking oil, your beard clipper, your car, your outboard motor, the hinges on your chook shed, your ... never mind, and that should cause the first of many alarm bells to ring. See here and then see the final two paragraphs of [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5796&pid=88675#pid88675]this post.

The bike has still not come back from the mechanic.

What can I say other than:

1 be very careful; and
2 if you can get the right price, Ponzi looks like an amateur;
3 Pterodactyl's a dab hand with Photoshop
4 don't believe everything you read.
 
So ya'll are telling me Dino oil is the best for my bike and Marvel Mystrey Oil should be added to my fuel at every fill up?
High octane, at least 93 - right? And at least 15% ethanol.
 
Back
Top