Amazing CB1100 Video

Yoyodyne_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
This is the official Honda promotional video that got me hooked on the CB1100. It's called "A Day of Freedom" and is the best motorcycling advertising piece I have ever seen:

CB1100 | Honda公式サイト

Enjoy!

(Everything about it is note-perfect, including the tinking engine at the very end!)
 
Thanks for posting that. Months ago I sent the same link to my riding buddies, saying, "This is how you market a new motorcycle!"

Yep, I watched that video (easily) more than a dozen times in the beginning of this year, while waiting for my CB11 to arrive. I've had the melody in my head and sang that song inside my helmet while riding more times than I can remember.

I don't fly a biplane, and I don't recall that I've sang the song while flying my helicopter. Maybe I need to change that. :D
 
Damn....need flash. Have to wait till I get home to watch it.
 
Nice, very nice but it doesn't really make me want the bike like this does:

(turn the sound up)

If this bike was ever released as pictured, I'd sell the Honda for it! :rolleyes:
now that is how you market a bike...
 
That's a fantastic video. The Japanese sure can make great promotional videos.

Here's one for a bank but you'd never know it:

 
Its not a super bike but there is a certain performance aspect to the cb1100. The promotion videos only show some guy putting around. Would have been nice to show it revved up a little.
 
Interesting...........

The bike in the video has the mostly black engine and black wheel centers of the USA model, but no front & rear reflectors and smaller turn signals. I am not familiar with the origin of the motorcycle's license plate.

Perhaps this is the Australian version of the bike?
 
DIAMONDBACK_imp said:
Interesting...........

The bike in the video has the mostly black engine and black wheel centers of the USA model, but no front & rear reflectors and smaller turn signals. I am not familiar with the origin of the motorcycle's license plate.

Perhaps this is the Australian version of the bike?
Hi Diamondback, filmed here in the South Island of New Zealand. The plates are what we call "Dealer or X" Plates that a dealer can use to legally operate a motor vehicle on the road before being sold and registered / licensed. The bike used may be a Japan domestic market spec as we have no blackout on our engines or wheels. Certainly a great video!
 
Deanohh_imp said:
Its not a super bike but there is a certain performance aspect to the cb1100. The promotion videos only show some guy putting around. Would have been nice to show it revved up a little.
"That guy putting around" is me. I don't spin my wheels or make a lot of noise. I just ride it.

Also available on youtube at:
 
For me it's the nostalgic experience more than anything else that awakens long lost memories and feelings. It is an experience that defines the fine balance between man and a finely crafted machine. It is not as much as the power but the calm confidence..
 
While its great to think about doing long burnouts and wheelies to a rockin' soundtrack that behavior WILL get you all the negative attention you can handle, believe me. KTM has a great bike that appeals to a performance oriented crowd.


Hondas video is great. The cb is all about enjoying a nice street ride without any manic drama. From what I've seen on this forum many owners already own a rocket ride for those times when the 17 year old hooligan wants to go for a ride.
 
Back
Top