Am I crazy for buying another??

DaSwami_imp said:
Well, been bugging a dealer in the Seattle area for a few weeks and got a nice quote for $7900 OTD. Called them today to pull the trigger...everything was looking good until I got a phone call back a few minutes later that the special price had "expired" and the new price was $8500 OTD.

Look, I know the bike is WORTH IT but the principle of the matter bugs me, we had a deal, then we didn't.

So I'm gonna keep looking for now.
That would really bite. The dealer in Beaverton (Portland) gave me a price of 7940, and then I had to go out of country for a few weeks, but they held the price for me when I got back...this was Christmas/New Year a few months back.

If you're interested, the dealer in Eugene, OR has one for the price you want:
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcd/5549697035.html

But if you want to save even more money, this might be interesting and it's in your area I believe:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/5510284457.html
 
Thread starter
Wow! I got real excited about that Seattle listing and then saw that he still has a lien on the title....too messy. But thanks!

Yeah, it is gonna happen very soon, I can feel it.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Wow! I got real excited about that Seattle listing and then saw that he still has a lien on the title....too messy. But thanks!

Yeah, it is gonna happen very soon, I can feel it.
That just depends on which bank is being used. As long as you can show up during business hours with a cashiers check made out to the bank, you can leave with the title paperwork directly from the bank. Washington state uses an electronic title system for banks.
 
Thread starter
Well folks, I finally did it. I bought a twin. From the same rascals that jerked me around on price the first time, but it seems like it was now or never. Still got a fair deal on it, but man that is an odd bunch over there in Seattle.

At any rate, I'm pretty much set for life on my bikes, methinks. I'm also moving to warmer environs in a few weeks, where as one dealer said "we ride 12 months a year." Yay!! That is what I'm talking about, can't wait!!
 
Good on you, DaSwami. You know the rule: pictures or it didn't happen!
 
Rboe_imp said:
What did you get and where are you moving too?
I'm pretty sure he bought a second CB. Where he's moving to is a mystery.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
What did you get and where are you moving too?
I'm pretty sure he bought a second CB. Where he's moving to is a mystery.
I'm pretty sure he bought a second CB. Where he's moving to is a mystery.
Correct, a second CB1100. Moving to the Florida panhandle!!
Many will think I'm weird, and that's OK. The thing is, I have two of an identical bike so whichever one I ride it looks like I have just one.....so it does not outwardly appear that I am being pretentious!
Cormanus_imp said:
Good on you, DaSwami. You know the rule: pictures or it didn't happen!
Can I upload pics from my desktop? Or do I need a hosting account??
 
From your desktop, you need a hosting site like photobucket.
 
Or you need to reduce the file size of each picture to comply with the forum's limit. I think that's about 250 kb. It's easier to use a hosting site.
 
Careful BigHonda. That feeling cost me almost $12000, a plane ticket to 5 states away and a new to me bike ride back. Plus motels, etc. Was worth every penney!!
 
Thread starter
Getting the new bike reminds me of the only two weaknesses the CB has (IMO):

1) The stock seat is atrocious. My V7 Stone and Scrambler, heck even my TW200 stock seat is much better than that vinyl covered marshmallow...time for a a K&H from SamuRider!!!

2) The black tank paint on the standard model scratches at a harsh word. AT.A.HARSH.WORD. You really can't touch it at all. Which of course is unrealistic. Maybe it's the clear coat that is so soft? At any rate, ugh.

Other than that, it's just love lol
 
Back
Top