its raw metal and awesome! be careful though, because it can be bent. i currently am awaiting another as the first one bit the farm when i layed the bike down.
Do you find the raw aluminum oxidizing over time? I think the cowl looks absolutely awesome-very old school-but am worried it may end up taking a bit of maintenance over time..Still, I'm seriously considering it.
Thats the plan! I am testing tinting on my old cracked windscreen. Hopefully its rather easy and i can tint the new one ASAP!
veech_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
its raw metal and awesome! be careful though, because it can be bent. i currently am awaiting another as the first one bit the farm when i layed the bike down.
Do you find the raw aluminum oxidizing over time? I think the cowl looks absolutely awesome-very old school-but am worried it may end up taking a bit of maintenance over time..Still, I'm seriously considering it.
Do you find the raw aluminum oxidizing over time? I think the cowl looks absolutely awesome-very old school-but am worried it may end up taking a bit of maintenance over time..Still, I'm seriously considering it. honestly I had it for almost 2 months and didnt need to do anything except polish it with the rest of the bike. I think we are all gonna have to wait and see if that happens once I have it on for a while longer
Will probably just need waxing and polishing from time to time. More so if you live near salt water. Plenty of aircraft with aluminum skins that survive just fine (and look great with a lot of polishing ).
you can tint 2 ways to my knowledge, with a film or using a translucent spray. with the spray you will need to wet sand the surface first with a very fine grit. I will try this on the broken shield and if its a pain in the ass i will buy a film.
yea the cowl just needed a polish every other day to get the finger prints off of it.
you can tint 2 ways to my knowledge, with a film or using a translucent spray. with the spray you will need to wet sand the surface first with a very fine grit. I will try this on the broken shield and if its a pain in the ass i will buy a film.
yea the cowl just needed a polish every other day to get the finger prints off of it.