Aluminum Bikini Cowl and Seat Trunk

Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
SHARP!!!!!! I am gonna get that seat in the next month or so. How comfortable is it honestly?


HOw hard is the install of the aluminum bikini cowl?
Went for a longer ride today. For me the seat is quite comfortable (about the same as the stock seat which also works well for me). It is about and inch lower, which means my knees are slightly more bent. I like this position a lot, but everyone's different. (To be clear: I'm not trying to sell anyone on this seat, just sharing my experience with it).

The cowl takes a bit of test fitting once you figure out where each bracket goes. A T-shaped bracket connects to the horn assembly, and two articulated brackets connect to the bridge, fork top. The trick is to first remount the headlight using the included steel mounts (these replace the stock mounts). Then it's pretty obvious where everything goes after that. The rim of the opening on the cowl fits right into the groove around the headlight when it's positioned correctly. I noticed again on today's ride how smooth and even the air going over my shoulders feels. I still feel the air pressure, but it's not buffeting and beating my chest like it had without a cowl.

Hope this answers your questions. :)
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Smokin! This has to be one of the nicest member bikes I've seen in this genre. Makes me want to get 2 CB1100s, a 2-up and a solo. Noticed the license plate and fork reflector cleanup. Nice! A smaller profile slip-on would be excellent as well.
bix_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
SHARP!!!!!! I am gonna get that seat in the next month or so. How comfortable is it honestly?


HOw hard is the install of the aluminum bikini cowl?
Went for a longer ride today. For me the seat is quite comfortable (about the same as the stock seat which also works well for me). It is about and inch lower, which means my knees are slightly more bent. I like this position a lot, but everyone's different. (To be clear: I'm not trying to sell anyone on this seat, just sharing my experience with it).

The cowl takes a bit of test fitting once you figure out where each bracket goes. A T-shaped bracket connects to the horn assembly, and two articulated brackets connect to the bridge, fork top. The trick is to first remount the headlight using the included steel mounts (these replace the stock mounts). Then it's pretty obvious where everything goes after that. The rim of the opening on the cowl fits right into the groove around the headlight when it's positioned correctly. I noticed again on today's ride how smooth and even the air going over my shoulders feels. I still feel the air pressure, but it's not buffeting and beating my chest like it had without a cowl.

Hope this answers your questions. :)
Went for a longer ride today. For me the seat is quite comfortable (about the same as the stock seat which also works well for me). It is about and inch lower, which means my knees are slightly more bent. I like this position a lot, but everyone's different. (To be clear: I'm not trying to sell anyone on this seat, just sharing my experience with it).

The cowl takes a bit of test fitting once you figure out where each bracket goes. A T-shaped bracket connects to the horn assembly, and two articulated brackets connect to the bridge, fork top. The trick is to first remount the headlight using the included steel mounts (these replace the stock mounts). Then it's pretty obvious where everything goes after that. The rim of the opening on the cowl fits right into the groove around the headlight when it's positioned correctly. I noticed again on today's ride how smooth and even the air going over my shoulders feels. I still feel the air pressure, but it's not buffeting and beating my chest like it had without a cowl.

Hope this answers your questions. :)

thank you!! i also ordered the cowl, which will stay aluminum for now but i will eventually paint once i decide on a bike color. As for the seat, that was what i was hoping for.

Thank you again for those answers!
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
figured the mounts out. you are right, super easy once you get all the other pieces in their respective places!
Oh sweet! Let's see some pics! :D
 
Hey Bix, I too have the aluminium cowl. It looks great.
I get a slite vibe at times.
MMmmmm that seat looks great too.
 
Thanks Soundwave, I spied that too...

Is the 'seat' portion of that trunk seat leather? Is it sufficiently padded and comfortable to ride on? We need the OP ride report update!
 
Would you have the part number for the fairing and the box handy, I'm on the webike site and can't find it? Thx
 
can somebody post a straight rear view of the bike with this Seat trunk?

I want to see how narrow the rear of the trunk is and how it looks on top of the taillight


thx a lot!
 
The dishes on the side of the seat cowl match the dishes in the tank nicely. Will look good painted
 
Already used the trunk today for picking up lunch from Wendy's. The seat is so much lower it's nice but i didn't realize how far i sat back on the stock seat. The build quality is nice but I'm not impressed by how much the seat moves around if you aren't sitting on it. Both the seat pad and trunk assembly have a lot of movement.
 
Back
Top