Aluminum Bikini Cowl and Seat Trunk

bix_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
[Long-time-lurker, first-time-poster!]
These arrived yesterday from Webike (I'd ordered them weeks before I discovered Samurider). I couldn't be happier with both pieces.

The cowl significantly smooths out the air going over your shoulders. Almost no buffeting at 60+ mph. Assembly is a little complex until you fully decipher the instructions (the headlight moves forward on custom steel brackets). It's absolutely beautiful and rock solid.

The seat trunk feels a little lower than the stock seat (I'm 5'11", 170lbs and I'm digging it). It's wider towards the back, and very comfortable. The paint and build quality are immaculate. The color and finish match the tank perfectly. Rode a quick 30 miles today. Plan on doing a longer ride this weekend to see if it remains as comfortable as the stock seat.

That is all. Happy 4th! :)

0ae688a5994105a3859d25b73d91b59d.


7d2fab40e2cb1638bffe0aed2127030f.


73e92a96ce0a41acf60783884fa63a67.


12fe054bd0101fd1a28a22e8548c9e8b.
 
Now that trunk I LIKE! What was the tag on that thing?
 
Wow...... $714.99 for that seat.....just a bit pricey.
 
Thread starter
darmahman_imp said:
Did you paint the side covers? What color exactly? Very nice...
They are Force Design side covers (color: Darkness Black Metallic, carbon frame). I wanted something darker than the stock side covers, but not black. Their quality is amazing. I'm certain Samurider could get you this color even though they don't list it on their site.
Randy B_imp said:
Wow...... $714.99 for that seat.....just a bit pricey.
Yep. It's very well made, and provides enough storage (for me) without adding a tailbox.
 
If it were $400 I'd jump all over it, but man I just can't justify the purchase when it's that expensive.
 
Bix,

Your bike looks amazing bro. Really, really nice. I debated getting that fairing and finally chose the fiberglass one in silver but seeing how nice your aluminum one looks you've given me 2nd thoughts. Great job.

Chip
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Your bike is screaming out for a lower set of handlebars or perhaps some clip-ons. Future plans?
Ha. I agree. These bars are lower than the stock bars, but clip-ons would really clean up the profile. I'm super happy with the riding position here. We'll see how it goes. :)
 
bix_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Your bike is screaming out for a lower set of handlebars or perhaps some clip-ons. Future plans?
Ha. I agree. These bars are lower than the stock bars, but clip-ons would really clean up the profile. I'm super happy with the riding position here. We'll see how it goes. :)
What brand and type of bars did you put on? They appear to be aluminum. What type of mirrors? Thanks.

Chip
 
Smokin! This has to be one of the nicest member bikes I've seen in this genre. Makes me want to get 2 CB1100s, a 2-up and a solo. Noticed the license plate and fork reflector cleanup. Nice! A smaller profile slip-on would be excellent as well.
 
Amazing! Like the original CB's, a wonderful canvas to paint our passion on and mold the machine into the art we love and can not stop looking at.

Bikes are so personal... As they should be.

My compliments to the artist!
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Smokin! This has to be one of the nicest member bikes I've seen in this genre. Makes me want to get 2 CB1100s, a 2-up and a solo. Noticed the license plate and fork reflector cleanup. Nice! A smaller profile slip-on would be excellent as well.
Thanks! Yup found the license plate mod here. So many great tips (and generous people) in this forum. Some of the tutorials people are posting are fantastic.
BuffaloBill_imp said:
Amazing! Like the original CB's, a wonderful canvas to paint our passion on and mold the machine into the art we love and can not stop looking at.

Bikes are so personal... As they should be.

My compliments to the artist!
Thanks! Really enjoying making it mine. :)
 
Ya, you have done very well with your bike. That fairing is some nice kit. Seat looks good too but to rich for my blood.
 
Back
Top