Alpha Rider Rear Rack

mhicks17_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone tryout the black rear rack from Alpha Rider (Amazon)? Durability & fitment with a stock seat or Corbin? Half price of a Givi or OEM and is available. I think the black would look pretty good.
 
This one?

Amazon.com

Simple lines, but no reviews, no questions/answers, no weight capacity listed, not stated if painted or powder coated, comes from Chinese company.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Looks very similar to the OEM rack. Probably chinese knockoff.
Most likely.

Possible issues:
1. Precision of alignment of the 4 mounts, without tweaking.
2. Thickness of tube walls (at 6.1 #, if that is actual weight, probably substantial)
3. Quality of steel
4. Quality of paint/powdercoat
 
Says it comes in silver too.
 
I took a leap and I ordered and received one of these, it's going back (hopefully I can return to China)...
- poor welds, they're sturdy, but not professional
- poor paint QC, one mount area not even covered w 1 coat
- not enough included hardware to mount, not an "easy" fit to begin with
- a couple welded parts aren't lined up right

I don't even know how to weld, and I think I could have done a better job.

It looks like it could fit if I made 4 trips to Lowe's for more bolts and spacers, but I'm tired of that kind of crap, even if it WOULD save me $100...

Ordering a Givi rack now instead... *SIGH* have now wasted 3 weeks analyzing and trying to pinch pennies...

J
 
I ordered an OEM rack from Mr. T at samurider for my 2017 EX which is not even shown as an accessory in the U.S. catalog. It came fast and took maybe 15 minutes to mount. I could mount the next one in 5 minutes. All hardware came with it, along with instructions.
 
Back
Top