Almost had it.

kennyw

Road warrior
Thread starter
Parking the CB1100 next to the CB750 tonight I noticed the rack on the 750 looked like it might just fit the 1100. It isn't anything special, but would get me by until I had the cash to buy a better solution.

9c6600f076a6e275e199effe93983efa.jpg


I pulled the rack from the 750 and the seat from the 1100 and did the eye ball check. The bolt pattern was right. Angle wasn't great but it was only to be a temp solution.

4f83eb025521a1f88bdaa4e5b577e13c.jpg


a3d3f4a7d2cda56702652b0bf7bb1081.jpg


3a4958c2b7e16656bb4a3a0d17457abf.jpg


So I went for it. The side brackets were going to hit the tube but I found swapping sides gave me clearance and more stuff to unbolt. I had to drop the fender and pull the turn signal wiring.

a7f91178a1b3919cb3089e1b55f928fc.jpg


ffaaa2028c0b09133dd86452dabf4ee3.jpg


Looked great up to this point. But I didn't want to start putting it back together right away and went to test fit the seat. This is where it came to a halt. The rack was in the way of getting the seat back into position.

32929b1b025296e36b6036f4275ac180.jpg


7ade7bc7e0df67593fc299aec1d04f47.jpg


After that I put everything back to the stock configuration. Guess it's time to figure out if I'm designing/building my own rack or buying one.
 
Thread starter
I like that design. It would be nice if they offered it unfinished. I'm not a fan of chrome. But I can always plasti dip it.
 
Thread starter
xNE0x_imp said:
I am all for someone innovating something, but save yourself the trouble here.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi...a-cb1100-13-14-mounting-plate-sold-separately
I have that exact rack. It is really great, especially with the high K&H seat. With the stock Honda seat it looked a little odd to me-almost too big proportionately. With the K&H it looks like it was made for the bike as that seat 'fills-in' the visual proportions perfectly. No problem with seat removal either. I will need to get some pics to show you what I mean...

BTW, this rack can also be found here:

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/product/givi-sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-cb1100.html

Not sure if it is in stock, but this is where I bought mine a year ago and they did normally stock it then.
 
Thread starter
I was just looking for a way to put my top box to use while I waited to free up some extra cash to buy or build a new rack.
 
Thread starter
I tried to order that rack from Accessories International and it was back ordered until Jun 30.
 
Back
Top