Air horn on&British car&M/C show 6/7/15

LouA_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Leaving Groton,CT in a few hrs. to Twisted Throttle in Exeter RI to pick up my '13 with air horn installed. The guys there said they'll mount the compressor left of the oil filter and run a line to the horn mounted where the stock horns are. Sorry no pix as the only electronic device I own is a basic phone. (Use a computer at the local library.) However if anyone is in the area I'm attending the "British by the Sea" meet tomorrow,10AM-3:30PM at Harkness State Park on Great Neck Rd in Waterford,CT. It's advertised as "more than 400 cars,trucks and motorcycles". I last went some years ago and there were only a smattering of bikes,so I can't comment on the number of bikes this year. But the grounds were covered with beautiful old British cars. The event is free. More info call 860 693 4249. Harkness is right on Long Island Sound however no swimming is allowed as there is no lifeguard.I'm planning on being there early and the bike will be in the parking area if anyone wants to check out the horn.
 
We're all gonna want to see that new horn. :) Maybe you can get a friend to take some pics. You can email them to one of us if you have to and they will get posted.
 
Popgun, you are now offering to post pics for others? Well knock me over with a feather :rofl:
 
I think he kept it vague enough to have an out.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Popgun, you are now offering to post pics for others? Well knock me over with a feather :rofl:
I knew you or Cormanus would jump all over me for that :D
And yes, I was vague, hoping he would ask someone else... :)
 
Thread starter
popgun,it's a Denali Blast or Blaster model.Picked up the bike a little while ago. Mounting has been modified. Stock horns left in place but disconnected. Mounting is sano,just ahead of the header pipes. Remember this is a '13,with the 4into 1 exhaust. To tell the truth it looks like a clean factory job. I'm happy with the way it came out. When I got home I felt it to see if it was getting heat from the pipes,but it was cool as a cucumber. Even though it's in the breeze there were no clearance issues while riding. Oh,and it's nice and LOUD!
 
Lou, popgun would still really like to help you post some pictures if you can get someone to take them for you. He's the man. :)
 
Cormanus,

Well I guess you made it back to Oz! :hello: And it begins again :D

Don't forget to ride on the left side of the road and watch out for kangaroos! :banana:
 
Sanpete, I don't know how to do that.

I was wondering how he got back online so fast. I'd be doing some sleeping after that flight to Oz. Glad you made it home OK too. Wish I'd been there.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus,

Well I guess you made it back to Oz! :hello: And it begins again :D

Don't forget to ride on the left side of the road and watch out for kangaroos! :banana:
He told us he was staying in England for a few days, that's how I know. Jet lag takes time to adjust.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus,

Well I guess you made it back to Oz! :hello: And it begins again :D

Don't forget to ride on the left side of the road and watch out for kangaroos! :banana:
Thank you, but ...

SanPete_imp said:
He is in England. Check his IP address.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Sanpete, I don't know how to do that.

I was wondering how he got back online so fast. I'd be doing some sleeping after that flight to Oz. Glad you made it home OK too. Wish I'd been there.
Yeah, SanPete, how do you do that?

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Sanpete, I don't know how to do that.

I was wondering how he got back online so fast. I'd be doing some sleeping after that flight to Oz. Glad you made it home OK too. Wish I'd been there.
Not looking forward to the next leg of the trip.
 
Thread starter
Well,I guess I must have caused some head scratching when I described mounting the horn in front of the exhaust headers. Sorry,part of being an old guy! :blush:It's mounted flush against the lower section of the engine.Right side using the two unpainted engine mounting bolts for support. Again,sorry for no pix too.
 
Back
Top