Air Filter Change Interval?

Checked this morning ( yes, I know, it doesn't matter in the grant scheme of cost ), but anyway: airfilter at an online bikeshop in Germany (usually less expensive than the rest of Europe):
- original filter Honda ~ 50 Euros
- Hilfo filter ~ 25 Euros
I simply couldn't believe that an airfilter was supposed to be more expensive than a new sprocket.

@branko: your environment does certainly more frequent controls, it may still last if you clean it ...
 
Thread starter
I just checked my air-filter. I was surprised at how clean it was after 27,00 miles! I blew the dust off it with a high-pressure air hose and reinstalled it. I figure I'll let it go until 40,000 miles before I replace it.
 
I installed a K&N Air filter on the EX, and it will never need replacing, just cleaned when it get too dirty. I used a UNI Air Filter on the DLX, but with only about 300 miles on it, I will probably not even look at until next year some time. But I expect to replace it after maybe 3 years, with a cleaning yearly once I start riding it as much as I do the EX and Z900RS.
 
Back
Top