Air compressor question

Rocky_imp said:
Thanks for the battery info GO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one of those inflators :P
Hey Rocky, thanks.

I am happy with the Ryobi product line for about 10 years now. One recommendation is stay away from the "yellow" and the "black" batteries. Use only the silver batteries, in particular use the 4Ah Lion battery (or higher capacity).
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Thanks for the battery info GO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one of those inflators :P
Hey Rocky, thanks.

I am happy with the Ryobi product line for about 10 years now. One recommendation is stay away from the "yellow" and the "black" batteries. Use only the silver batteries, in particular use the 4Ah Lion battery (or higher capacity).
Hey Rocky, thanks.

I am happy with the Ryobi product line for about 10 years now. One recommendation is stay away from the "yellow" and the "black" batteries. Use only the silver batteries, in particular use the 4Ah Lion battery (or higher capacity).
I'm a Ryobi fan too and have some of their power tools.
 
I bought my air compressor from Sears 43 years ago and it still works great! Unfortunately I am not able to buy many of the needed replacement parts today. I replaced the pressure regulator switch last year with the only switch I could find - not original, but it works (this is the third time I replaced it). My air compressor is absolutely the best tool I have ever owned; not a week goes by when I don't use it - use it a lot just for blowing things off with compressed air.
 
562loosenoodle_imp said:
I need advice on which type of air compressor to buy. The two I have don’t have the power to fill my tires. I hate using gas stations for this. What should I look for in an air compressor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought this Sears Craftsman a couple of years ago for all my tire needs :) Still available at ACE for $60 ... and other places for other prices.
Link:
https://www.acehardware.com/departm...aintenance/tire-pumps-and-accessories/8432858
 
bflint_imp said:
562loosenoodle_imp said:
I need advice on which type of air compressor to buy. The two I have don’t have the power to fill my tires. I hate using gas stations for this. What should I look for in an air compressor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought this Sears Craftsman a couple of years ago for all my tire needs :) Still available at ACE for $60 ... and other places for other prices.
Link:
https://www.acehardware.com/departm...aintenance/tire-pumps-and-accessories/8432858
I bought this Sears Craftsman a couple of years ago for all my tire needs :) Still available at ACE for $60 ... and other places for other prices.
Link:
https://www.acehardware.com/departm...aintenance/tire-pumps-and-accessories/8432858
I have that same one.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Thanks for the battery info GO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one of those inflators :P
Unexpectedly, when I went to inflate my tires today since last checking in the fall, the front and rear tire pressure was spot on factory (36 and 42 psi , respectively).

I don't recall a bike rim/tire combo of mine making it through the winter without losing a few or more pounds of pressure.
 
Mine don't seem to make it 2 weeks without needing air.
 
For any longer storage, I always set MAX tire pressure allowable by the tire maker, and off the ground of course..
P.S It looks to me like Ferret's nasty bronchitis is gone for good :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
For any longer storage, I always set MAX tire pressure allowable by the tire maker, and off the ground of course..
P.S It looks to me like Ferret's nasty bronchitis is gone for good :thumbsup:
This winter was a bit different for me. I usually have the CB on centerstand (front wheel down on wood surface). However, that was only for about six weeks consecutive total. All the remaining time it was on the side stand for easy hop'n'go winter access. I expected lower pressure, but it did not happen. Tires appear great still, no cracks, no cupping.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
For any longer storage, I always set MAX tire pressure allowable by the tire maker, and off the ground of course..
P.S It looks to me like Ferret's nasty bronchitis is gone for good :thumbsup:
I wish PB, I'm just over the worst of it, but it still lingers and causes much suffering with cough, congestion and lack of energy. At least I'm out of bed and getting in a daily ride again (missed 5 consecutive days from 14-19th). Thanks for the well wishes.
 
Ferret: You will be back on wheels soon enough that these daze will be forgotten. The last thing you need is to be hacking inside your closed helmet. ;)
 
I don't think you need a pancake compressor just to air up tires but it might be good to have if you want to use air tools or compressed air.

If you get one for the bike get a 90 degree nozzle. It makes it a lot easier to get on the tire valve. This one has worked well for me.

I bought it because it has the 90 degree nozzle and works with 120 V AC as well as 12 volts.

Amazon.com
 
I've been running this compressor for more years than I planned. Picked it up one day at a yard sale two streets over. $30-35 is what I think I paid for it. Just wont die. Does everything I need around the house except run air ratchets/tools (not enough capacity in the tanks to keep the PSI up). I'll prob buy myself a two stage compressor for Christmas with a large 100 gallon (or there about's tank) so I can run those tools.

For around the garage I keep it on a small dolly from Harbor Freight so I can just pull it around. I use the long hose on the seat for jobs out on the driveway and the coiled hose for stuff in the garage.

1ce67ec404bd8dca07e57f957ea3b527.jpg


62857d65e8b5a150e5a7d1ed0a33c50c.jpg


I put one of these overhead extension cord reels in every bay. Can't overstress how HANDY they are. For winter I use them for the trickle chargers.

95b030818f9dfb15a09ade46175fa58b.jpg
 
Hey, SCCBrider, don’t worry about the sign on the left. It’s not a threat; it’s a place. :D
 
That too. :beerchug:
 
Cormanus, zoom in and check out the sign above the Shiner Bock sign...
 
Back
Top