Air box removal

ACE_IRA_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Lads can’t remove air box.unscrew all bolts up to stage pull it back can’t move it.I have manual lads no need of pic.Just need a tips maybe some hidden bolt left.
 
There is a fwd and aft section - which one? If it's the aft air cleaner housing, did you loosen the connecting boot band? (page 5-57 of my Honda shop manual).
 
Thread starter
Dave_imp said:
There is a fwd and aft section - which one? If it's the aft air cleaner housing, did you loosen the connecting boot band? (page 5-57 of my Honda shop manual).
That first part where air filter mounted itself.I think that’s the bolt I cannot find.Its from oil cap side?
 
ACE, are you trying to take the filter out? If so, there's 3 screws. The third is right up to the top right of proceedings as you face the right-hand side of the bike. It might even be lurking behind some wires. Have a good look with a torch.
 
there is one down low and to the right you have to push wires out of the way to see and it helps to have a long shanked jis or phillips screw driver for removal and reinstallation
 
I'm confused are you taking out the filter or the whole filter box?
 
Not sure what part you are stuck on- but I've done the velocity stacks on my bike with no problem.

Anything you need to know is in the manual.

Did you buy the $$$ TSR parts? Wow. Any particular reason why?
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Not sure what part you are stuck on- but I've done the velocity stacks on my bike with no problem.

Anything you need to know is in the manual.

Did you buy the $$$ TSR parts? Wow. Any particular reason why?
Just for fun.I like to mess with a bikes.
 
Thread starter
Lads let me know if I’m wrong:
1.ECU Guhl mode .
2.Full TSR mode +K&N filter
3.Power commander
4.Full arrow exhaust no cat.
5.Final tune at the garage on dyno .->big smile on my face!
 
If anything I have learned with Japanese 4s (disclaimer:well, my other was a SOHC CB750) was they run better with an airbox. I yanked the box of my cb750 to put pods on it.... Jetted it appropriately.... And it ran worse than with the airbox. The Japanese companies knew what they were doing with that airbox tech. Venturi stuff.... Lost low end. Mid was ok.. Top grew but fell flat when the turbulence hit. Especially noticed on open highway( backroads it was great though).

On this bike I am going to try to do it right. I extracted the snorkel and bought a bellmouth and then bought a fuel mod ( I went Bazzaz. No jets obviously). Paired with the Yoshi slipon it's like a different bike. Lost no performance. Only gained. No dyno tect but by the butt dyno at least 8-10hp and cectainly more torque. I can now start in 3rd and sometimes 4th from a dead stop.

I think ripping off the airbox might look cool but I don't think it would give the performance you're thinking it might bring. Especially the time involved ripping that box out. Even Honda mechanics at the shop said it would be a no no. I dunno.. I'd trust those guys...

Doing a bellmouth, fuel mod and exhaust should be proper for good reliable performance. But that is merely opinion...
 
Thread starter
Rox_imp said:
If anything I have learned with Japanese 4s (disclaimer:well, my other was a SOHC CB750) was they run better with an airbox. I yanked the box of my cb750 to put pods on it.... Jetted it appropriately.... And it ran worse than with the airbox. The Japanese companies knew what they were doing with that airbox tech. Venturi stuff.... Lost low end. Mid was ok.. Top grew but fell flat when the turbulence hit. Especially noticed on open highway( backroads it was great though).

On this bike I am going to try to do it right. I extracted the snorkel and bought a bellmouth and then bought a fuel mod ( I went Bazzaz. No jets obviously). Paired with the Yoshi slipon it's like a different bike. Lost no performance. Only gained. No dyno tect but by the butt dyno at least 8-10hp and cectainly more torque. I can now start in 3rd and sometimes 4th from a dead stop.

I think ripping off the airbox might look cool but I don't think it would give the performance you're thinking it might bring. Especially the time involved ripping that box out. Even Honda mechanics at the shop said it would be a no no. I dunno.. I'd trust those guys...

Doing a bellmouth, fuel mod and exhaust should be proper for good reliable performance. But that is merely opinion...
U just miss understood me .I just need to insert TRS mode in the air box.Cant unscrew it due to hidden bolt.Lads helped me to find it.Than I will put airbox back.Thx for sharing ur experience .
 
I did this job a while back took lots of pictures. I know I removed the rear fender to do it. But after that it was straight forward job. The parts are in there tight that is for sure. Which part are you not able to get off the cover or the half that is attached to the Throttle Bodies? If it is the cover there are 7 bolts to hold it together. 3 on the top and 4 on the bottom. If it is the housing attached to the Throttle Bodies... You might have to remove the Funnels to remove it. Each pair of Funnels has 3 screws holding it. 2 on top and 1 on the bottom. If I remember right.

You will love the improvement. I would post pictures but still cannot do that yet. If you PM me I will try to send some pictures but you should not need them. Besides my internet is slower than dial-up so pictures would take forever to get to you. I hope this helps you.
 
Thread starter
teamvisegrip_imp said:
I did this job a while back took lots of pictures. I know I removed the rear fender to do it. But after that it was straight forward job. The parts are in there tight that is for sure. Which part are you not able to get off the cover or the half that is attached to the Throttle Bodies? If it is the cover there are 7 bolts to hold it together. 3 on the top and 4 on the bottom. If it is the housing attached to the Throttle Bodies... You might have to remove the Funnels to remove it. Each pair of Funnels has 3 screws holding it. 2 on top and 1 on the bottom. If I remember right.

You will love the improvement. I would post pictures but still cannot do that yet. If you PM me I will try to send some pictures but you should not need them. Besides my internet is slower than dial-up so pictures would take forever to get to you. I hope this helps you.
Thx bro.
 
Back
Top