Air bag vest

I know just what would happen if I got one. Forget I'm wearing it, get off the bike, boom!
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I know just what would happen if I got one. Forget I'm wearing it, get off the bike, boom!
:rofl:
 
I bought a Michelin Man suit and just wear that...:rolleyes:
 
MotoGP riders reportedly have small air bags in their leathers that are supposed to help protect their neck and shoulders.
 
Guys, I ride with a similar vest and it saved my tush once already. FTR, the CO2 cartridge will not accidentally be activated with casual (just getting off the bike) force. It takes significant (getting thrown off the bike) force.

Most of the vests and jackets look like normal riding gear except for the tether clip. I guarantee that if more bikers wore these, the fatality statistics would be significantly decreased.

Other than a helmet, it's probably the best piece of protective gear you can have, as it protects your vital organs.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Guys, I ride with a similar vest and it saved my tush once already. FTR, the CO2 cartridge will not accidentally be activated with casual (just getting off the bike) force. It takes significant (getting thrown off the bike) force.

Most of the vests and jackets look like normal riding gear except for the tether clip. I guarantee that if more bikers wore these, the fatality statistics would be significantly decreased.

Other than a helmet, it's probably the best piece of protective gear you can have, as it protects your vital organs.
OK, you can't throw out a bone like that and NOT follow up with a meaty story !

What in the world happened ?
 
Yes...details, but avoid any talk of blood. Don't want to pass out at my iPad.

Also, what brand of vest do you wear, Rebel?
 
Sorry guys, didn't mean to leave this thread hanging. I was riding up on Angeles Crest Hwy here in L.A., a curvy mountain road.
I was leaned over hard coming out of a curve when I hit a gravel patch and lost control. The bike bucked me off like a bucking bronco and I did a Superman into the gravel shoulder. By the time I landed the vest had inflated and cushioned my landing. My kevlar jeans also did a great job protecting my knees, as evidenced by the hole and exposed Kevlar lining.

I got up right away, a little dazed and confused, but basically unscathed, except for my left shoulder a little banged up. Fortunately the bike was still rideable so I hopped back on and continued home.
 
Well after reading this thread I think I'll put one of these vests on my list of items to acquire sometime in the near future. Thanks for the info.
 
furious_blue_imp said:
thanks for the word about your get-off, sounds like that vest really helped out !
Yes, I would've been in the hospital without it for sure, probably with busted ribs at least, or worse.
 
Back
Top