ahhh, the good ol days

Thread starter
couple more

My son 5 years old with his first bike Honda Z-50 around 1984

8db0d70ba1ed262076d9dfc63b970834.jpg


My son with his FZ-09 Yamaha (he now rides a Yamaha MT10 and a Ducati monster 696)

7c052259db2c19ae6df942a543a69699.jpg


My son's sons on their Yamahas ages 5 and 7

a4a2dfb3abfefb99e75b146d545e7ce3.jpg




nephews Mike and Roger on my sister's CB160 around 1965 ish

724ddc7e1633544840f108e908460f91.png


nephew Mike racing Moto-x 1974?

742d6cf4977b3b17c3d1f534285117e4.jpg


Nephew Roger racing Moto-x 1974?

936ecbed6eea7ce3f2bf18fc8fdcca4b.jpg


Mike all grown up on his Versys 650

61092f8f7438504d9c7d7e692483f4f2.jpg


Mike's son on his 690 KTM Duke

7b5c232a51924b3bdb93d009700daad8.jpg


Roger and his son on Honda NC 700 and KTM 390 Duke

ad52acb0a66d57e17c6f737903a9cae3.jpg
 
Thread starter
In our family it is not only encouraged but sort of expected that you will ride motorcycles.
 
Man, those are cool pictures! Growing up in an apartment in the city, riding a motorcycle in my early years would have been unheard of.

But, somewhere in a box, is a Polaroid of me sitting on my Uncle's Trail 110. He used it to go shopping in Santa Fe, and he always rode me around on it when I visited. I don't think my feet even reached the passenger foot pegs.
 
Thread starter
My wife's and mine Majesty 400 Yamaha scooters

1fefb7177a5ccb7251530c13dfb32688.jpg


Most of the following pics are screen grabs of bikes I can't find personal pics of:

This was my first new street bike a 1965 Aermachhi badged Harley Davidson M 50 2 stroke 3 speed shifted on the left hand grip (I wanted a Honda but dad a WW2 vet hated the Japanese at that time..he eventually caved and bought Hondas and Yamahas himself and for mom)

435ee81f399bcdbbbcf1431e13793b61.jpg


I bought one of these new a 73 RD 350 Yamaha (not this one)

b4c9efc447eb8482980f6b249dd141f7.jpg


the 350 was followed by three 650 Yamaha Twins, a 73 TX, 79 XS and 81 XS Special

e45b526fd4a6d712c0978e87da63ec1a.jpg


015957644ebfbebb1f4b297f117a47e4.jpg


335fe0f6e2162af775238146b3c2aa9c.jpg


Also had a 69 BSA 750 Rocket 3

620129a30cf642d2433a2984df91e0ea.jpg


Oh and I had 3 Harley Panheads that I made into choppers a '49, a '56 and a '57. This was the prettiest of the bunch (my actual bike)

d46b59b5e188a66aa3627fb770cef238.jpg


and two Harley Davidson Sportsters a 59

906eab4c6d1298c0df68ffa08a337457.jpg


and a 1994

2423394fd7f109b6c1351ae5c629a1fb.jpg


a 69 Honda CB 350 I bought after totaling the CL 77

483db35ca65bcf9033f430700312ce18.jpg


a 74 CB 350F I bought for my wife

b67f2a345487019d19d79d28ac64fe6f.jpg


I also had a 67 Honda CB 450 Black Bomber

688186a01344fb4d6be7502871bc1932.jpg


almost forgot also has a CL 160..knocked my appendix off on this thing hitting a hidden log while trail riding and ramming the right handlebar into my gut and almost died. That was in 1969

b1d45df7931a29c3fe59d2806efc99cc.jpg
 
Heck of a collection of owned machines, ferret! Many of the caught my eye but the '59 Sportster, wow!

e9320b3e4473cf63e0c3fe612dad9b0a.jpg


Stunning!
 
Wow Ferret, what a collection ! I envy thee.

I will try to locate some old pictures during the weekend & post them.
I started with a moped PC50 then graduated to another moped SS50 (5 speed with pedals), once I got my riding license I got a Benly 110, XL100 trail, a CJ360, 2 CBX's and now the CB1100.
I forgot the CBR600 that I bought to go on the track but never did it -too chicken. So I sold it after one year barely put 200 kms on it.

Did anyone noticed that ALL were/are HONDA's & 4-stroke, the 2-stroke were never in my blood.

Note: Loved your better half 1974 CB350 Four (especially the colour Red), I always wanted one but could not afford it at the time.

Regards
Alain
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ferret: Did your ['82?] Yamaha 650 Special (Heritage??) leak oil from the block?
If I recall it leaked from the cylinder head front left.

We're getting there on bikes I have owned

Had 2 of these Yamaha FZ-1's an 01 and an 04 (The 01 had a silver motor, the 04 a black motor other than that identical)

4601e15f6178aa966dd506aca360d5d2.jpg


06 Honda ST 1300 I put 110,000 miles on this one

16801799dcf47c303df28dfc0ed3d3d1.jpg


For a short while I had this CB 500X in my name (it actually belonged to nephew Rog who kept it at my house for when he came into town)

2cabe4e5a4abef8ce5bc0ecf1e26fca1.jpg


My 2018 Yamaha FJR 1300

f02cebb6ef5ef80cf46a0e43533d5018.jpg


My 2013 Honda CB 1100

fca5c867cdd8cd5724a58d15b1596353.jpg


My 2014 Honda CB 1100 DLX

4eb7fccc638ff6db7715db6a5da272a7.jpg


and next up and probably last (due in June)

2021 Honda NC 750X DCT

2418796a5ca6091b169a3547e35616a7.jpg
 
An awesome collection of motorcycles, Ferret. Thanks for showing us.
 
Thread starter
jimgl3_imp said:
667000c38ebaac6e51c01d686b571fb4.jpg


notice the lack of fear... and gear!
Yes sir it's only been the last 20 years or so that gear came into vogue. Before that helmet, tshirt, Jean's and gymmers was plenty.
 
Back
Top