Still.Cruzin, others with greater expertise will chime in, but I doubt it. The speed limiter is set in the ECM and, so far as I know, only be changed by refreshing it. Don Guhl motors somewhere in the US is the only place I've heard of that does it.
One may have an aftermarket HUD on any type of windshield, including a bike.
I saw a few clients with an aftermarket ones. If installed neatly, looks OK.
If so, why not just buy a helmet or accessory to add to a helmet that does the same thing? It would be more reliable and portable to other bikes - at least where the helmet goes anyway.
I would not like to have my helmet with this option, it would keep my mind too busy.
But this is just me, an older guy, not so crazy for not necessary electronic gadgets.
I would not like to have my helmet with this option, it would keep my mind too busy.
But this is just me, an older guy, not so crazy for not necessary electronic gadgets.
Speed limiters, What's their purpose?
From experience, basically the speed limiter is set by the manufacturer in regards to the tires (rating) used on the vehicle.
Speed limiters, What's their purpose?
From experience, basically the speed limiter is set by the manufacturer in regards to the tires (rating) used on the vehicle.
Manufacturers place speed limiters on their products as "feel good" items that they can point to when insurance and legislative bodies are looking at them and asking "Who needs a motorcycle/car than do 130 MPH?"