Africa Twin

AndyHe_imp said:
Not clear if it's DCT only or if that is just an option. I'd think DCT only would kill it but then I'm not a fan.
IN EUROPE are 3 Versions:
1) whitout ABS and whitout Control Traction
2) ABS + Control of Traction
3) DCT + ABS + Control of Traction



42c0dea69a8251b9ecc37332f49d5187.jpg


d5355781fcc83544da10bc96d4aafae1.jpg


04f1934295c74458cf95276d93c30309.jpg
 
DCT is optional according to the spec sheet.

Weight-wise it's spot on if a bit down on power compared to the competition. Of course, being down on power is the same whine heard from those who pan the CB1100. At that weight it should be a very good alternative to the BMW and KTM if the price undercuts the Euro bikes.
 
Actually weight and horsepower are not that different than a 10-14 Cb1100 std
 
Africa Twin ... ah ... sounds like a reimagined Bogart movie.
 
Thread starter
BestStandard_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Africa Twin ... ah ... sounds like a reimagined Bogart movie.
And how about that functionality enhancing "G-switch". Sounds like the kind of movie that my kids can't see, lol.
You can't just hit it though; takes some practice to get good at using it.

If it's rated at 95ish HP would it feel any quicker than the humble CB1100, or do other factors make it even out?
 
ludva12345_imp said:
AndyHe_imp said:
Not clear if it's DCT only or if that is just an option. I'd think DCT only would kill it but then I'm not a fan.
IN EUROPE are 3 Versions:
1) whitout ABS and whitout Control Traction
2) ABS + Control of Traction
3) DCT + ABS + Control of Traction



42c0dea69a8251b9ecc37332f49d5187.jpg


d5355781fcc83544da10bc96d4aafae1.jpg


04f1934295c74458cf95276d93c30309.jpg
As from 2016 on, motor cycles (> 125 ccm) in Europe must have ABS I doubt that version 1) will be available in Europe. I guess it is only for Asian or American market.
 
Back
Top