Affordable Adjustable CNC Shorty Levers

Huladog_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I wanted to try shorty levers since I never used anything but the usual long levers on a bike, but not being sure if I would like that I started to search for an "affordable" alternative to the really nice levers on Samurider or Japan Webbike (some of which aren't too expensive).

No premium Pazzos or CRG for cheapo me, so I browsed eBay and of course found a ton of alloy levers on sale from China, but one seller caught my eye (satoracing) and I'm not even sure they are affiliated with Sato Racing in Japan.

For about $20.00 a PAIR including shipping I figured I would give them a shot. Ordered them in orange and black thinking that if the anodization wasn't very good they might fade in the sun to a yellow or gold which would still look good.

Didn't take very long for them to arrive and when I unpacked them I was surprised at the nice CNC machining, they look and feel solid, a denser alloy than the stock Honda levers.

Compared them to the OEM levers as I was installing them and they have the correct tabs and holes, etc. so they really do fit and replace the stock levers. Just reuse the bronze bushing on the clutch lever pivot, grease up the tabs and pivot points, and bolted them on.

No slop in the pivoting so they're machined to good tolerances. Couldn't feel anything hanging up or rubbing so I think I'm good to go!

Here are a bunch of photos so you can get a look at the machining.

Aloha,
Huladog

















 
Thread starter
Thread starter
Hey, pick your favorite and go for it.

I wanted to bling out the black bike just a little.

Never said we old farts had good taste. Or, so my wife keeps reminding me of that fact.

Aloha,
Huladog


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Brightly colored levers don't stand out too much when you step back and look at the whole bike.

Short levers worked out well. No issues with fit, finish or operation. I like how my fingers easily operate the short levers and you can feel the end of the lever. I wondered if I would notice an increase in effort since the lever length is shorter, but didn't feel any differences.





Aloha,
Huladog
 
Thread starter
Puig Universal Plus, got it a couple years ago when I got my first CB and just reused it. I actually removed it after this ride when I realized how quiet my helmet got when I stood up on the pegs at speed to stick my head up into clean air.

http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/4620/WS-Round/4620.html

If you look at the Monster Parts page look at the Vision model which I think is new.


And yeah I should get those dang RLETs.

Aloha,
Huladog



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Just pulled the trigger on a set of these. For what they cost, and how they look, why not. I feel a bit bad for not supporting local industry (Pazzo is driving distance from my house), but these look awesome and there is really only so much build quality you can put into a lever.

Thanks for posting the close up pics, I knew about these before, but never saw a good enough view of the actual product to give me faith in the quality.
 
Been running a set of these in black with red adjusters. No issues thus far.
b905609cfd9a82460b91fe6dfecf7aa7.jpg

Good look. Good function.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Funny, I got the same ones in the long version (in silver so they'd blend in like the stockers).
I always replace my levers with CRG's adjustable stuff, but at that time, they didn't have a listing for the CB11. So I bought them off of Ebay thinking, 'well, if they're crap, I'm only out $30...', but I was blown away by the quality. I've had them for around a year and a half, and they still look great, and work perfectly. Hopefully that'll continue in the years to come - if not, I'll blow another $30!

 
Me too. The Asian $50 shortys. Got a pair for the Busa too. I have a set of CRGs on the track bike and the quality is pretty close. I was surprised.
 
Another happy customer. These are milled (well at least have milling tool marks on them) not cast and for some reason these one shipped from the Netherlands (like originated from there, didn't just pass through Rotterdam or something) despite being listed as being from China.

a02e8849c6ffda9f1fcc0e270feee9cf.jpg


d1cffcdad3daa3b2c1a8cc2e4d9e35ea.jpg
 
Back
Top