ADV CB's

I like the ADV styling, seems a little bit square for the CB.
I can say the jackets are sweet, after a couple months now it's thumbs up for my Klim Latitude jacket.
Tell Jim, nice find on the pictures.
 
Thread starter
Of someone would have said I'm thinking about putting some of those big ADV cases on my CB 1100, I'd have thought really? That's going to look terrible...but surprisingly it doesn't.
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Anyone know the brand of boxes and mounting hardware?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jim who lurkes here, saw your question and texted me. He says he believes they are

SW-Mototech Trax
 
It looks surprisingly OK. And very effective to boot.

Just had a quick look at their website. Some great photos there.
 
Elipten, it's Hepco & Becker gear. See here.
 
Glad you posted this. I wondered what square boxes would look like...I've been thinking about mounting a couple ammo cans on my bike as cargo cases. I thought they'd give the bike some storage while retaining a retro feel. The square boxes do look good.
 
HB bags, perfect as now I can get a two for one deal. Bags for my K75RT BMW and the CB. Life just keeps getting better and better.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
By the way, the two EXs in the pictures will soon be shipped to the USA where the owners will continue their touring. Someone lusting after spoked wheels may be able to do a deal ...
 
Cormanus_imp said:
By the way, the two EXs in the pictures will soon be shipped to the USA where the owners will continue their touring. Someone lusting after spoked wheels may be able to do a deal ...
I read their blog. Looks like the bikes are going to California, which is only marginally considered "the USA". ::rofl:: (I crack myself up sometimes)
 
These are things not well understood by 'foreigners'. :(

Wonder if we can get 'em to come to the rally next year?
 
I get " The Look" and all, I even like it, but they're not adventure bikes. I understand wanting solid, secure luggage for a trip solely on roads, but a CB as an adventure bike? It ain't gonna work. The suspensions will be beat up and broken in no time.
 
Thread starter
Classic, that was a joke on my part due to the ADV style luggage. The first I have seen on a CB. No one thinks the CB is anything close to an ADV bike, although I have ridden mine up the hill and through my front yard in the grass which is as adventurous as I want to get on one. CB4ME has posted pics of his on a dirt road and GCarper posted some vids of himself riding with a buddy on a Weestrom I believe, on some southern fire roads.
 
Plenty of paved roads in most of South America, some with potholes but so does the east coast of USA! Look people have traveled the world on 125cc and 250cc Hondas. You just go slower and have a different attitude. Besides most countries do not have high speed limits like Europe or USA. I just got back from Surinam and if I recall the highest legal speed their is 80kms.

I want that or similar luggage so I can swap between my BMW and the CB1100 for different length rides/tours. Soft luggage is too easy to rob with a pen knife and you will be robbed in Latin Amercia.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Pterodactyl has ridden a good few dirt roads. Me too. In August we rode a 96 km dirt stretch of the Great Dividing Range in New South Wales. Bikes performed just fine.
 
I guess I would have done 1000kms of dirt, at the least, on the CB. Always heavily loaded and, at times, on heavily corrugated and potholed roads. No problems at all with the suspension. It's no bush bike but dirt is no problem.

Cheers


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I don't think I want to start a new thread on this, so let me ask here...I've been thinking all day about my ammo can luggage idea and what I need is a mounting method. I was thinking that I could use some sort of stay that might already exist to keep soft bags in place and that would mount to the existing tie-down bolts. Anyone have any idea where I could look for this? I tried searching the forum and the Internet, but frankly, I was unsure what words to search on.
 
Back
Top