ABS Video...

You'd think Honda would have a more professional testing facility and program :s
 
Suzuki had a great ABS video out a couple years ago. Maybe its still available on youtube
 
Thread starter
The CB1100 video I think may be a Japanese press road review. I don't think it is official Honda since the YouTube poster is some weird name.
 
This isnt it, but its a good one

YouTube
Apx2Apx_imp said:
The CB1100 video I think may be a Japanese press road review. I don't think it is official Honda since the YouTube poster is some weird name.

That makes sense
 
This is interesting....CB750 test.
 
I was impressed with that video the first time I saw it. The Honda ABS system looks very smooth and effective. Well done.
 
Randy B_imp said:
This is interesting....CB750 test.
That looks like the same CB750 that was in the background of the first CB1100 test video. You can see the CB11 in the background of this video. Must've done them together.
 
If they had offered ABS without being linked I would have gotten it, but I have the linked system on my ST 1300 and its been the only trouble Ive had with the bike. A lot of the ST owners and Gold Wing owners have had issues with the linked brakes.

Hopefully the CB 11 ABS owners wont have these issues.
 
The ferret_imp said:
If they had offered ABS without being linked I would have gotten it, but I have the linked system on my ST 1300 and its been the only trouble Ive had with the bike. A lot of the ST owners and Gold Wing owners have had issues with the linked brakes.

Hopefully the CB 11 ABS owners wont have these issues.
Dumb question Im sure but what do you mean by linked? What trouble have you had on the ST?
 
Thread starter
Linked meaning if you hit the rear brake only the front also applies. But not as much as it would if you squeezed the front brake lever.

Interested in knowing you troubles. The Honda ABS system on motorcycles is referred to being the best there is.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If they had offered ABS without being linked I would have gotten it, but I have the linked system on my ST 1300 and its been the only trouble Ive had with the bike. A lot of the ST owners and Gold Wing owners have had issues with the linked brakes.

Hopefully the CB 11 ABS owners wont have these issues.
Dumb question Im sure but what do you mean by linked? What trouble have you had on the ST?
Dumb question Im sure but what do you mean by linked? What trouble have you had on the ST? When the rear brake lever is depressed it activates the rear brake and 1 of the front brakes. If the front only brake lever is applied it activates only the front brakes. This system is better for inexperienced riders. More seasoned riders prefer the feel of independent brake systems as it is easier to trail brake.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You'd think Honda would have a more professional testing facility and program :s
Actually that's a driving school course, and the guy doing the test is an instructor, this isn't anything official from Honda.
The CB750 is what they typically use for instruction for people wanting to get the unlimited bike license. Most people there get license for under 400, in which case they learn on a modified version of the CB400 Super Four.

Speaking of which, the 400 Super Four is a really cool bike. If they offered it here in the US I'd have thought about it instead of the 1100 actually.
 
Apx2Apx_imp said:
Linked meaning if you hit the rear brake only the front also applies. But not as much as it would if you squeezed the front brake lever.

Interested in knowing you troubles. The Honda ABS system on motorcycles is referred to being the best there is.
Many Wing and ST owners have had issues with the secondary master cylinder which goes bad and sticks. honda recalled them on the Wings but not on the ST so many owners have had to replace them themselves. It also makes bleeding the brakes nearly impossible. The factory trained mechanics took 4 shots at it before they got mine right.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?106729-Secondary-Master-Cylinder-FAILURE!
 
Back
Top