flynrider
Road warrior
Thread starter
It was supposed to get up into the mid 90s today, so I decided to take a ride to the mountains and soak up some cool riding weather before it starts getting cold.
The route was Phoenix->Payson->Camp Verde and then back to Phoenix on the slab. It was about 250 miles of fun. Not much traffic on the back roads and even the dash home on I-17 was pleasant.
Leaving Payson and headed for Strawberry. I grabbed the lanyard cam and took some pics Ferret style!
Stopped along the road for a leg stretch and the obligatory CB11 photo op.
Descending out of the high country into the Verde River valley.
It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
BTW, I made two gas stops and got a "What year is that?" each time.
The route was Phoenix->Payson->Camp Verde and then back to Phoenix on the slab. It was about 250 miles of fun. Not much traffic on the back roads and even the dash home on I-17 was pleasant.
Leaving Payson and headed for Strawberry. I grabbed the lanyard cam and took some pics Ferret style!
Stopped along the road for a leg stretch and the obligatory CB11 photo op.
Descending out of the high country into the Verde River valley.
It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
BTW, I made two gas stops and got a "What year is that?" each time.

