A versatile Ferret

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
Aside from having owned endless motorcycles, being the tireless moderator of this forum, doing stuff with bows and arrows (I think), being a grandparent, being a CB1100 trendsetter, and God knows what else, it appears the Ferret is also a nature photographer.

See here ...

I like it when forums lose the thread and talk about other stuff.

I'm not a nature photographer, but I like taking pictures of animals when I can. So, by way of reciprocating for Ferret's cardinals, here's a picture of a uniquely Australian bird for you all.



:beerchug:
 
Cool a Kookaburra ( sp) ... Nice pic Cormanus!

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Would love to post up some of my nature photography but probably not appropriate on a motorcycle forum lol

And yes my real claim to fame is thru archery where I have a bit of notoriety as an writer/author/bowyer/arrowsmith.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Cool a Kookaburra ( sp) ... Nice pic Cormanus!

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Would love to post up some of my nature photography but probably not appropriate on a motorcycle forum lol

And yes my real claim to fame is thru archery where I have a bit of notoriety as an writer/author/bowyer/arrowsmith.
I just saw your response about this to redbirds on another thread.
 
As long as we avoid politics (there's a slippery slope, and why the ZRX forum nauseates me) I don't see why we can't have an 'other' section for members' non- motorbike interests. Unfortunately, I don't have any non- motorbike interests, but...
 
Capo_imp said:
As long as we avoid politics (there's a slippery slope, and why the ZRX forum nauseates me) I don't see why we can't have an 'other' section for members' non- motorbike interests. Unfortunately, I don't have any non- motorbike interests, but...
I like that idea. And yes, let's leave out the politics and religion, two subjects that are too personal.
 
You know as much as I like talking about some other things, when you have an open forum it just turns a clear pond muddy. One of the great things about this forum is it is the focus of one thing The CB 1100 Honda. I think we should keep it that way, and I apologize for taking us off course
 
Thread starter
No apology needed, Ferret. But you're right about focus.
 
Cool pictures. I also agree about this forum's focus but was suprized that this picture, taken through a window with a cheap point and shoot camera, came out as well as it did. I couldn't resist sharing.

ee10fa7987f1c865a3534a75bf43823b.jpg


And now back to all things CB1100!!
 
What a great picture of a wren CB4ME. Good job. Even inexpensive point and shoot cameras can take really quality pics, which is why everyone should pack one on their CB1100's to capture awesome bike and scenery pics to post up here in the seat time forum.
 
Way to bring this thread back around to motorcycling and the CB1100 ferret! :cool:

For those that don't know, very early on we actually had an "off-topic" section for a very brief period of time (maybe a day or two?), but it was felt by the majority of members that I received feedback from that it was not in the best interests of the forum to do so and I agreed, so down it came. I think the results speak for themselves as this remains a very focused and very civil forum for the most part.

Great bird photos by they way. Personally, I dig crows — fascinating birds. A photo of one sitting on a CB1100 would be grand and in keeping with the forum. Anyone? :D
 
We had a murder in the tree in front of my building a few days ago. :D
 
Guth_imp said:
Way to bring this thread back around to motorcycling and the CB1100 ferret! :cool:

For those that don't know, very early on we actually had an "off-topic" section for a very brief period of time (maybe a day or two?), but it was felt by the majority of members that I received feedback from that it was not in the best interests of the forum to do so and I agreed, so down it came. I think the results speak for themselves as this remains a very focused and very civil forum for the most part.

Great bird photos by they way. Personally, I dig crows — fascinating birds. A photo of one sitting on a CB1100 would be grand and in keeping with the forum. Anyone? :D
I try and keep us on track Guth, Lord knows I try :rolleyes:

Crows are fascinating... you never see baby crows, or see a crow hit on the highway. They are very reclusive. Don't even care to be looked at directly. One of the first birds I taught my grandson to call... he was maybe a year old when I taught him.

It would be very difficult get a crow to sit on a CB 1100, their feet won't reach the pegs.
 
Thread starter
Great photo CB4me. It was clearly admiring your CB1100. :)
[quote='The ferret' pid='28308' dateline='It would be very difficult get a crow to sit on a CB 1100, their feet won't reach the pegs.
[/QUOTE]

I know they'd enjoy the ride, but why would they want to? They can fly already.
 
Back
Top