A super test ride

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today my wife and I rode my nephews new NC 700X through 2 passes , Ebbett and Monitor passes in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, on rts 89 and 4 just south of Lake Tahoe Nevada. Awesome ride! So many turns, elevation changes and vistas. Ate lunch over looking Lake Alpine.

The NC 700X performed admirably, or should I say Honda like, never missing a beat. Handled great, very comfortable. A little down on power to the liter + bikes I am used to riding, but we didn't really want for more power. front brake was pretty good, rear brake pretty wooden. Ergos are great on this bike. Seat about equal to the CB 1100s. Being an ADV styled bike I was pretty much tip toed whenever we had to stop. Stopped and filled up on the way home 133 miles took 1.5 gals. frugal little dude.

He's got a taller Givi shield on it and a Yoshi exhaust. other than that bone stock.

I took 131 pics and will write something up when I get home in a few days and post up some pics..it's awesomely beautiful and stunning out here.
 
You are in my neck of the woods again?? You are welcome to stop by and ogle my bike any time you'd like. :D
But I must ask you not to drool on it too much please.
 
Quote:I took 131 pics and will write something up when I get home in a few days and post up some pics..it's awesomely beautiful and stunning out here.
Looking forward to it. Take care and have a whole heap of fun.

Cheers
 
That's awesome, Ferret. I will be taking a ride over Ebbetts and Carson Passes next month with my brother.
 
Look forward to the report, Ferret. You could help me out and go ride Randy's bike for him. :)
 
Time for those pics on ANY phone! Can post right from any phone not just the iphone.

Mobile apps are great.

Can't wait to see the photos!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
I'm not sure the Ferret's box brownie gets pictures onto his phone all that easily.
 
Wow. That is beautiful country and the road looks as though it was surveyed by a biker.

8700ft? Baring some form of levitation you cannot possibly ride that high in OZ.

Cheers, and keep 'em coming.
 
+1 What Pterodactyl said. Nice pictures, Ferret.
 
Wow. Great report on a beautiful ride. I've often thought the NC would be a great all-rounder and you can't beat that mileage.
 
Thread starter
You have another set of mountains I plan on riding through up there in western Canada Rocky
 
Lovely shots and great mountains, Ferret. Thanks for sharing.

Did you ride to Nevada?
 
If you come this way, if even for the day, I might just have to ride around the block with you, even if I have to use my old helmet. :D
 
Back
Top