A ride with the boy

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
The boy actually being a man, my son. B had the day off and it was going to 62 degrees so we thought we would get together for a ride. Gams (Mrs Ferret) watched his three kids. Just local roads. A little over 50 miles. he was on his FJ-09 and I was on the CB. Between work and 3 kids under 6 he doesn't get to "play ride" as much as he would like, but he rides to work and back most days all year round. We had
a great time today.

A couple of pics

7b45d2d874b93461eee03762dac4bdc5.jpg


6fa3d97d1543205e871c802679579721.jpg


1cf20971886a230b63d96765a3cbbb38.jpg


acc318535a222d4d132fe32ae2697eca.jpg


220a1734abb2a5f363d260d8e1659710.jpg


HELLO :hello:

9c906ccf857978015e58e506ccd67e80.jpg
 
Great way to spend the day. :thumbsup:
 
What a great day! I'm amazed how much you can see in those lollipop mirrors! At least half of them, for me, were filled by my shoulders.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Have you and your son in law gotten out with his new FJ09 yet Stichill?

Btw you and I rode a lot of the same roads that B and I rode on yesterday
 
I wish one of my sons rode. Their mother was so agin it that they've stayed away. There is hope, though, on the horizon for the youngest. Hope I get to ride with him one day.
 
Thread starter
I wish it for you too Cormanus. Riding with my son for all these years has been a blessing for both of us. He's loves riding and is a really good rider... better than me by a fair bit, and easy to ride with... for a short day ride or on a long trip like on our Fall Men's Trips. It has been a great bonding experience for us. I know I don't have a lot of years left to ride, but luckily his father in law who is a good 10 years younger than I, is also a rider and goes on the Fall Men's Trips with us, so I am confident B will have someone to ride with after I can no longer saddle up. That is comforting for me.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I wish one of my sons rode. Their mother was so agin it that they've stayed away. There is hope, though, on the horizon for the youngest. Hope I get to ride with him one day.

My Dad was in WWII. “Hey Dad it’s dangerous!” ... “Yes.” ... “Thanks Dad!”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top