A ride to the Lake

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
We have a big state park here in southwest Ohio called East Fork State Park. Used to quail hunt there as a kid before they dammed it up and flooded it to make a huge 30,000 acre recreational lake for boating and swimming. Pretty day, but cool, so I thought I'd ride up there



this is the road that runs down to where they put the boats in...interesting warning eh?

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/water_zps63dd260a.jpg.html]

down by the Marina

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Eastforklake3_zps47d25c41.jpg.html]

on the way from the Marina to the Beach I spotted these HUGE nesting boxes with unusual openings (owls maybe?)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/owlbox_zpsd9062235.jpg.html]

On down to the Beach..like I said it was cool and not many people were in or near the water

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/eastforkbeach1_zps6b72ba8a.jpg.html]

Doing my best Guth impression (yellow vest over black leather)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CBMay5013_zps8c0abc6c.jpg.html]

on the way home I spotted this guy on his steel horse
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Geronimo1_zpsb65068e8.jpg.html]

He rode up for a closer look and I could tell he approved of my horse

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Geronimo2_zpsa4d0d737.jpg.html]

I rode a little further and got into some good curves..this one down hill to the left,then right, compression at the bottom and uphill to the left then right

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/curvy_zpsdff8a93f.jpg.html]

Once home I looked at the rear tire. I'm about using all of it lol

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/chickenstrip1_zps01bae73c.jpg.html]
 
Lovely photos and good write up Ferret. Love that warning sign, fair and accurate warning. Looks like the nest boxes are for Wood Ducks if they're over water. The nest boxes that is.
 
Thread starter
Redbirds.. The boxes were far from water in the big woods, and the holes were huge, and not round but flat across the bottom. I tried to find a Ranger to ask, but none to be found.
 
Great pictures, Ferrett. Thanks for sharing.

One of the things this forum demonstrates is that there are great places to ride all over the world!
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Great pictures, Ferrett. Thanks for sharing.

One of the things this forum demonstrates is that there are great places to ride all over the world!
Indeed :thumbsup: wish I could ride to them all
 
Great report. There certainly are some marvelous roads in your area.
Oh..and I think it's an owl box, too, but I'm not really an expert.
 
Back
Top