redbirds_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Not an especially exciting destination but my dealer, Cycles of Jacksonville had called to say my Pilot Road 3 tires were in so I headed out early this morning with the intention of taking coastal US-17 and avoiding the traffic rush on I-95. The weather was lovely at about 60F and clear skies. US-17 had very light traffic and I only had to use a short section of I-295.
While waiting for my tires the I had plenty of time to browse the showroom. Cycles of Jacksonville carries Triumph, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi and there were a lot of bikes in stock but one really got my attention. The shop owner has done his own take on a CB1100. Beautifully done in the Gulf Oil racing team colors worn by Ford GT's and later, Porsche 917's for International endurance racing in the late 60's and early 70's.
Skies turned gray and the wind picked up to about 20mph on the way home-a real contrast to the morning. Stopped on the Florida side of the draw bridge that spans the St Mary's River for a few photos then had a burger at Steffen's Diner in Kingsland, GA.
The Satilla River and only 12 more miles to home. I think I'm going to like the new tires.
While waiting for my tires the I had plenty of time to browse the showroom. Cycles of Jacksonville carries Triumph, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi and there were a lot of bikes in stock but one really got my attention. The shop owner has done his own take on a CB1100. Beautifully done in the Gulf Oil racing team colors worn by Ford GT's and later, Porsche 917's for International endurance racing in the late 60's and early 70's.
Skies turned gray and the wind picked up to about 20mph on the way home-a real contrast to the morning. Stopped on the Florida side of the draw bridge that spans the St Mary's River for a few photos then had a burger at Steffen's Diner in Kingsland, GA.
The Satilla River and only 12 more miles to home. I think I'm going to like the new tires.

.