A nice riding day around Grenoble

Delphisa

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just uploaded on picasaweb the pictures of my last one day riding, it was on the France National day, July 14th.

260 km tour (160 miles) from Grenoble to Devoluy Mountains, then back through Lus La Croix Haute pass. No very high pass this day (clouds bottom were staying around 2000 meters this day, so we chose a medium altitude tour. Our goal this summer is to round Galibier pass (2500 m), maybe soon we'll get a week-end with the right meteo for that...

Here under a part of the pictures, some others in this picasaweb album

Hope you will enjoy
Jean-Pierre











 
Awesome pictures Delphisa. I am truly jealous of the countryside you get to ride in. Just beautiful!
 
Wow! Fantastic pictures, Jean-Pierre. I agree with the Ferret: it is awesome looking country to ride in. I really like the final picture before the map on your Picasa site. Is that Grenoble? It looks magical with those mountains surrounding it.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Wow! Fantastic pictures, Jean-Pierre. I agree with the Ferret: it is awesome looking country to ride in. I really like the final picture before the map on your Picasa site. Is that Grenoble? It looks magical with those mountains surrounding it.
Yes, Grenoble. I took that picture at our last stop, on the final slope before arriving in the valley. There was a good light over the town, while mountains stayed a little bit cloudy all day long.
Grenoble in not in altitude (about 200 m) but surrounded by 3 montain ranges. The one on the picture is Chartreuse, north of the town, 2000 m high on top peaks (those touching the clouds, this day...).
Grenoble - Wikipedia
I am quite happy I found a job here after my studies. Don't think I will move again now !
 
Back
Top