A new word for me

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
I've been stuyding Spanish for nearly 40 years, been teaching it since '92...married a gal from Costa Rica, have lived there for 4 years, also spent some lengthy time in Spain and Mexico...my children are decently bilingual...I even wrote my own Spanish e-book so students don't have to shell out big $$ for a text...but today watching Netflix, I learned a new word in Spanish (actually, I learn a number of new words anytime I watch a movie or read an article), but this word is of vital importance to the CB1100 community...

Hurón: m. Mamífero carnívoro de unos 40 cm de longitud, con el cuerpo alargado, las patas cortas y el pelaje gris rojizo, que se emplea en la caza de conejos.

or: carnivorous mammal of up to 40 cm in length, with an elongated body, short legs, reddish-grey fur, and is used in the hunting of rabbits.

Care to guess which cb1100 member we're talking about here?

Hint: maybe I should say "EL Hurón"

:cool:
 
pdedse_imp said:
I've been stuyding Spanish for nearly 40 years, been teaching it since '92...married a gal from Costa Rica, have lived there for 4 years, also spent some lengthy time in Spain and Mexico...my children are decently bilingual...I even wrote my own Spanish e-book so students don't have to shell out big $$ for a text...but today watching Netflix, I learned a new word in Spanish (actually, I learn a number of new words anytime I watch a movie or read an article), but this word is of vital importance to the CB1100 community...

Hurón: m. Mamífero carnívoro de unos 40 cm de longitud, con el cuerpo alargado, las patas cortas y el pelaje gris rojizo, que se emplea en la caza de conejos.

or: carnivorous mammal of up to 40 cm in length, with an elongated body, short legs, reddish-grey fur, and is used in the hunting of rabbits.

Care to guess which cb1100 member we're talking about here?

Hint: maybe I should say "EL Hurón"

:cool:

So it's "The Ferret"?
 
pdedse_imp said:
I've been stuyding Spanish for nearly 40 years, been teaching it since '92...married a gal from Costa Rica, have lived there for 4 years, also spent some lengthy time in Spain and Mexico...my children are decently bilingual...I even wrote my own Spanish e-book so students don't have to shell out big $$ for a text...but today watching Netflix, I learned a new word in Spanish (actually, I learn a number of new words anytime I watch a movie or read an article), but this word is of vital importance to the CB1100 community...

Hurón: m. Mamífero carnívoro de unos 40 cm de longitud, con el cuerpo alargado, las patas cortas y el pelaje gris rojizo, que se emplea en la caza de conejos.

or: carnivorous mammal of up to 40 cm in length, with an elongated body, short legs, reddish-grey fur, and is used in the hunting of rabbits.

Care to guess which cb1100 member we're talking about here?

Hint: maybe I should say "EL Hurón"

:cool:
Fairly accurate description of him, too. Except that I'd have gone with "greyish-red fur (what there is of it)" :rofl:
 
El Hurón, eh?

Thank you pdedse. :worship:
 
Back
Top