A NEW FIX FOR YOUR BIKE .. YOU !!

Houtman_imp said:
Some eight years ago I suddenly could not pee for 3 days , the worst I ever felt in my life. Finally my wife inserted a catheter and what a relieve that was. On the monday I went to the Urologist and had a TURP done ( roto rooter ) at that time they found some cancer and went on active surveillance for the next 3 years with a steady rising PSA . Finally had a MRI and that showed a tumor but not large yet. Soon after that a biopsy and a increased Gleason score but not alarming yet. Two years later another biopsy and now the score was higher and I had to do something and had the Robotic operation with great results. Radiation can cause bowel problems later in life and I did not want to take that risk at 68 years old , Peeing your pants is bad , poohing your pants is worst . Do NOT neglect your prostate, a friend of mine died 6 months after the first diagnose of prostate cancer as he never had he checked , he was only 72 and died a very painful death as it had spread to his bones , prostate cancer can quickly spread to other parts of your body :bones and lungs. I drove from NC to PA to see my friend but when I arrived he did not want to see me as he was in terrible pain and died a few days later.
That was a solid share Houtman. So glad you were able to get through it.
 
and this is one thing that can truly contribute to quality of life, which includes riding a motorcycle.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Some eight years ago I suddenly could not pee for 3 days , the worst I ever felt in my life. Finally my wife inserted a catheter and what a relieve that was. On the monday I went to the Urologist and had a TURP done ( roto rooter ) at that time they found some cancer and went on active surveillance for the next 3 years with a steady rising PSA . Finally had a MRI and that showed a tumor but not large yet. Soon after that a biopsy and a increased Gleason score but not alarming yet. Two years later another biopsy and now the score was higher and I had to do something and had the Robotic operation with great results. Radiation can cause bowel problems later in life and I did not want to take that risk at 68 years old , Peeing your pants is bad , poohing your pants is worst . Do NOT neglect your prostate, a friend of mine died 6 months after the first diagnose of prostate cancer as he never had he checked , he was only 72 and died a very painful death as it had spread to his bones , prostate cancer can quickly spread to other parts of your body :bones and lungs. I drove from NC to PA to see my friend but when I arrived he did not want to see me as he was in terrible pain and died a few days later.
.....same symptom my dad had at age 74


Houtman_imp said:
Some eight years ago I suddenly could not pee for 3 days , the worst I ever felt in my life. Finally my wife inserted a catheter and what a relieve that was. On the monday I went to the Urologist and had a TURP done ( roto rooter ) at that time they found some cancer and went on active surveillance for the next 3 years with a steady rising PSA . Finally had a MRI and that showed a tumor but not large yet. Soon after that a biopsy and a increased Gleason score but not alarming yet. Two years later another biopsy and now the score was higher and I had to do something and had the Robotic operation with great results. Radiation can cause bowel problems later in life and I did not want to take that risk at 68 years old , Peeing your pants is bad , poohing your pants is worst . Do NOT neglect your prostate, a friend of mine died 6 months after the first diagnose of prostate cancer as he never had he checked , he was only 72 and died a very painful death as it had spread to his bones , prostate cancer can quickly spread to other parts of your body :bones and lungs. I drove from NC to PA to see my friend but when I arrived he did not want to see me as he was in terrible pain and died a few days later.
They called it "roto rooter" 25 years ago too!

My dad lasted 5 months after his diagnosis...had already metastasized to the bones.

That bone cancer was bad....broke his hip rotating tires (old school...could've taken it to a shop). During the hip replacement surgery, the surgeon said the inside of the bone was just mush.

Crazy stuff...if you have symptoms...go early.
 
Offroad , sorry to hear about your Dad but with many of us being older riders it is good to bring this in the open and hopefully some will be saved from misery . Having a good Urology Doctor is so important , I ALWAYS felt in good hands with Asheville Urology and their Doctors and staff. Do your home work before you take a decision which treatment is best for YOU !
 
Sorry about your dad Offroad.
 
Yes. Sorry about your father, Offroad.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
[/b]

here is a new fix for your bike .. it will allow you to go further without having a pit-stop.. this is a relatively new fix that I just have to share with you folks.. it's name for short is PAE .. that stands for prostate arterial embolization.. who knew !! .. the procedure is done by an IR doc.. one that does interventional radiology.. in the future, urologists will be loosing a lot of business due to this, I am sure.. the IR docs already do knee procedures.. there are plenty of you tube vids out there to look at.. I will try to send a link.. I was on meds for BPH for years, then had the rezum procedure done.. I really didn't want to go down that road again..your prostate never stops growing, so sooner or later, you will need to do something about it ..I am just in the beginning stages of making my appointment for the PAE.. I will have it done at UCLA medical center.. they say to be sure to get an IR doc that has experience with PAE.. UCLA has them .. wish me luck ..
your good buddy, Chuckk j.

...https://youtu.be/XuswY0IbIH0
..https://youtu.be/8IO86t1Eeac

What meds did you take?

The drug below has provided major relief for several years now...not without some side effects...but tolerable.

Flomax
GENERIC NAME(S): TAMSULOSIN

Tamsulosin (Flomax): Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
 
Thread starter
.
long story.. I will keep it brief.. I was on tamosulin for 2 years of so.. it is similar to some others, one being viagra.. I enjoyed the side effect of stiffer organ and the drug helped me pee at night.. one evening while watching tv, I suddenly lost vision in one eye!!.. by holding my hand over my good eye, I watched a dark curtain drop down till all of my vision was lost in that eye..I closed my eyes for a minute or two, then opened them.. I did the hand test to check my vision in both of my eyes.. slowly I regained the vision that I had lost in the one eye.. I visited my eye doc the following day.. he surmised, I lost blood flow momentarily to my optic nerve and I was very lucky to have regained vision in it.. searching the internet later, I found cases where viagra had cause blindness in patients.. the reason I believe is the sudden dilating of the blood vessels with the use of Cialis or viagra.. this caused a momentary lack of blood flow to my optic nerve.. I stopped my use of the daily dose of Cialis immediately !! then started my search for the next option.. I was not a candidate for urolift, didnt want the roto-rooter and then chose the rezum procedure..
 
Glad you were able to regain your vision thankfully. You guys are making me want to stay 27 forever!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I never used any medication for my prostate problems and never have to use Viagra incase you are interested to know that.....
 
Thread starter
.
I believe it is wise, to share this kind of info..
.

have you ever taken this test ? ..

..
6d012ee2bbfe8b79d5f22fe2724a5a7a.jpg
 
mvk24_imp said:
Glad you were able to regain your vision thankfully. You guys are making me want to stay 27 forever!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Mate, go for it if you can. Aside from avoiding the joy of aging, finding out how to achieve eternal youth is likely to make you very rich. :thumbsup:
 
My doctor prescribed Flomax when I started having symptoms about 15 years ago. In my case it did not relieve my urination problems but caused periodic dizziness so I stopped using it and put up with the urinary symptoms. When Cialis became available in generic form, Tadalafil, my doctor prescribed the 5mg daily dose and I have had near complete relief from urinary problems, not to mention the other fringe benefits. I've been very fortunate that going on 73 next month and my PSA levels have remained normal. Glad to see a thread like this as most of us are at an age where sharing these personal experiences can be a great benefit.
 
Good Luck to you in whatever direction you want to go and thank for bringing the prostate subject out in the open on the Forum . Members DO NOT neglect your prostate. Our parts "down there " can give us a lot of pleasure but also a lot of pain and even death.
 
Best wishes, Chuckk.
 
Good luck Chuckk..yea your numbers on the test are kind of high. Hope you find some relief for your issue.
 
Back
Top