a message from KyHiker

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Kyhiker1100 Offline
Break-In Period
Posts: 28
Joined: Sep 2013

Wreck September 28
To: The ferret, CA200
Sorry to report I got this PM from long time forum member KyHiker (Steve) this morning.

Hi Mickey
I had a serious accident in So Indiana on September 28. Something caused me to run into a ditch. I was life flighted to UofL where I spent two weeks and then was transferred to Frazer Rehab for another two weeks. The bike was totaled. I was able to retrive the custom seat by Corbin.

I am recovering and dont think I will have any lasting effects. I was wearing my helmet but sill suffered a TBI(traumatic brain injury) on the right side of my head, also many cracked ribs,a punctured lung, and cracked vertebrae. I am in a outpatient rehab at Frazier twice a week.

Steve Parker
Louisville KY

Some of you might remember a ride report I did about a ride with Steve about a year ago. Nice guy.

Sorry to hear this happened and wishing Steve a full recovery.
 
So,just to be sure, this isn't the Steve Parker from Madison?
Get well soon KY guy. You will be back on bike in no time!
 
Thread starter
Yes Not CA200
 
I'm sorry to read of this rider's mishap... My best wishes to him for a fast and complete recovery.

Get back on that iron horse bro...
 
Hey,

Sorry to hear of any motorcycle accident. Hope all goes well and he has a speedy and complete recovery.

Best Regards,

4myredhonda
 
Get well soon. Im just getting over the total loss of right ACL. We aint getting any younger. All the best. Follow the therapy!
 
KYhiker, I was sorry circumstances prevented you from making it to the rally in May and I'm really sorry to hear about your meeting with the ditch. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your CB.

On the bright side, I'm glad to hear you're making a good recovery and offer you my best wishes for it to be speedy and total.
 
Thread starter
This thread is 2 years old, but I got a pm from Steve, Ky Hiker today, just wanting to say Hi and to let us know that it's been 2 years since his wreck, and that he is fully recovered.

He hasn't ridden since the accident and really misses his CB1100.

Don't know if he plans on riding again (his wife was against it last I heard), so I'd like to wish him well with whatever he does in the future and thank him for thinking of us here on the forum

Take care, Steve.
 
Steve,
One thing to remember = NEVER, EVER give up with recovery..a positive thinking = sure & fast recovery !!!!
...needless to say.. went through bad motorcycle accident more than 4 decades ago...and riding again my CB..
Wish you SPEEDY & FULL RECOVERY
::))
pb
 
Glad that you have recovered, Steve,...and that you are out/about...riding again will come to you if you should want to...also, though,...listen & consider the thoughts/concerns of those close to you that helped you through your recovery!...in any case...take care & enjoy your decisions!
 
Back
Top