Is there any interest in a somewhat longer ride? For fun I spec'd out a path in that Calistoga area that would be maybe a 2 or 300 mile round trip from where I sit at the south end of the peninsula, the basic idea is that it goes on 29 past Robert Louis Stevenson State Park, because there is a set of back to back curves there that look pretty cool on the map. That starts to put us pretty far to the north, though.
I also have something even further out like Shasta/Lassen on my wishlist, but I may have to be on my own for that, and I think that's too far for a one day round trip anyway. Sept. 13 and 14 would be a perfect and rare opportunity for me to make a stretch like that since the wife is planning to be out of town... otherwise I may have to hold off until next year.
If anybody would be interested in a one day out/one day back camp out though, that would be super awesome!