a life long addiction

CA200_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So over many years I have had a lot of good road bikes but for some
reason I have always had this other "problem" .
There was the XT250 the Super Sherpa the 250 Ninja the VTR and on
and on and on. Even in the late 80s and 90s when I said I was going to
collect and restore - ya right . It was RD125s and RD200s ,DS7s .
I remember rebuilding a Road Toad just to see what it was like to ride.
I would never tell any one the money I spent rebuilding a GT380.
Well here is the next one Versys X 300. It is very different .
I am about the same size as the ferret and I can flat foot it with
shock set on low.
I will never get rid of the CB but I guess I am a little nuts.

[url=http://s435.photobucket.com/user/MMSTORE1948/media/DSC02273.jpg.html]
 
That's a cool bike CA! I sat on one at a dealership, but it was still too tall for me. Guess what height I have is in my torso and not in my stubby legs.

Anyhow that should be a lot of fun riding around.

CA200... Also to be known as The Adventure Ninja!
 
Good on you, CA200!
 
Sweet bike and with 34.6 horsepower it would have to be fun and a different experience of enjoyment.
I love small bikes and for a big guy i cruise around on my 16.5 HP CB160 with no problem so i know that thing is a Hoot .:thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:

That was quite a gearing change.

Why would gearing affect the gear position indicator? You'd think that would be driven off the transmission?

Also why would the check engine light stay on for the ABS? Crazy. Is there an ABS fuse you can pull?
I'd bet the engine light didn't come on right away. Once riding, I'd bet the bike's ecu threw a code as it detected lower rpms in top gear. I'd check over at advrider.com, I'd bet there is more info there as those guys are a weath of info (There's a low displacement touring board) They helped me with my KTM990. It was there I learned how to reset mine. It was make sure the bike was cold, let it run for 15 mins (after like 10 mins of idle the rpms hunt around, it revs up and down) the go out an take it to red line in each gear, and no more check light.. Dunno if the Versys has anything similar
 
Thread starter
I was able to clear the code(I have service manual ) but it came right back after 60 miles. If you pull the fuse on the ABS the speedo doesn't
work. I have been chatting with a fellow from down under and he has tried many things. I am not going back to stock gearing, it is silly low.
You panic coming off a stop light trying to shift fast to get to 10-15mph. The non ABS units don't do this. The ABS light does go off.
I am getting used to the look of the dash, the CEL is small and the gear pos. thing just has a dash that keeps blinking. Doesn't bother me in the least . This thing is just fun. :biker:
 
Back
Top