A Honda of a Different Stripe

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
On Sunday, Mrs. G and I went to a vintage tractor and engine show. Among the massive steam engines that powered generators, stationary diesels and all manner of terrifying ancient labor-saving devices, I spotted this little Honda engine. Looked curious, as I had never heard of a Honda "Cuby". 

Looked it up, and apparently it's quite rare and was used internally at Honda for training. 

Among other references, I saw this:

Honda Cuby small four-stroke engine - Chainsaw Collectors.se

Makes me want to take a PTO day and head to Torrance (less than 40 miles from me) and check out the Honda museum at their headquarters in Torrance. Last time I was there was around 2015, a bit before the current generation of Rebel hit the market. I was part of a focus group of local Honda owners who viewed and did surveys on the pre-release Rebel.
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_4972.webp
    thumbnail_IMG_4972.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 42
[quote="Gone in 60" pid='269447' dateline='1751567968']
On Sunday, Mrs. G and I went to a vintage tractor and engine show. Among the massive steam engines that powered generators, stationary diesels and all manner of terrifying ancient labor-saving devices, I spotted this little Honda engine. Looked curious, as I had never heard of a Honda "Cuby". 

Looked it up, and apparently it's quite rare and was used internally at Honda for training. 

Among other references, I saw this:

Honda Cuby small four-stroke engine - Chainsaw Collectors.se

Makes me want to take a PTO day and head to Torrance (less than 40 miles from me) and check out the Honda museum at their headquarters in Torrance. Last time I was there was around 2015, a bit before the current generation of Rebel hit the market. I was part of a focus group of local Honda owners who viewed and did surveys on the pre-release Rebel.
[/QUOTE]

I love learning about the history and evolution of vehicle manufacturers. Ford, Honda, and Porsche are my favorites. I hold each in high regard for wildly different reasons. Thanks for sharing this jewel. David
 
Back
Top