a father and son further park ride

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
My son called up and asked if I wanted to join him on a ride over to Stonelick State Park. This park is not the closest to our houses but is only 30 miles away. Sure love to. Sunny, 81 degrees, perfect day for a ride. Figured he'd show up on his MT10 as he just put a new throttle tamer on it, but he showed up on the Duke.

ddaffca39a831910d9fa872e2ccc21b8.jpg


of course we took the curviest way there.

I started leading

2b0f88c2e5c1b4fc9385b4a5e262354d.jpg


and led to the park

a6586763d9381de484b89f2c36550ca9.jpg


but coming home I let the kid lead. Its fun to watch your son ride especially if he is a good rider. My son is. Just turned 40, been riding dirt since he was 5 and street since he was 19.

4dd9504a00f49f773f7f56205a2beb0b.jpg


4d91f2fc471f38f4255222f2c1c2d47e.jpg


b241fd62ca170260ca245b2087cb8b08.jpg


Only 63 miles round trip, but it was a great day!
 
None of my sons rides a motorcycle. I envy you a little, Ferret.
 
Good father and son ride. Really happy for you and all the great memories you of family rides.
 
Nice report. Nicer because I think I've ridden on some of those roads. Cheryl and I are looking forward to doing so again very soon.

We stopped at the dam at Stonelick SP when we were there, correct?
 
Thread starter
yes we did.
 
I envy you ferret. I tried to get my son into riding, no go. I took him with me on a trip to Glamis, in the SoCal desert, to ride sand toys in the dunes. I had a Honda 250 FourTrax. I convinced him to take it for a short ride, and he started off pretty well, and since it has four wheels, there's no need to keep it upright. He's going pretty well, in second gear, when he kind of veers off the dune and goes into a bush, not very hard, but he somehow burned his leg on the exhaust pipe, and that was it. He rides bicycles now, but nothing with an engine. He has three sons I'm hoping to get into riding when me and the wife move to TX.
 
Took a 100 mile ride up to Fort Payne Alabama ( home of the group Alabama) and toured the canyon and a great ride around the rim.
It was quite a surprise to come around a sharp curve and find a enormous bolder in the split roadway
 
Thread starter
Like a Rock! lol
 
Thread starter
Yea it's nice redbirds. I hope I live another 9 years and at least get in a ride with my oldest grandson who is 7 now.

cbf11bd05f5536def510707412b5e32d.jpg
 
Back
Top