A DOZEN NEW 2014 STANDARDS

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My local dealer (Cycles of Jacksonville) has TWELVE 2014s retailing for $5,980. Makes my wanna buy a spare!

Where was all this inventory hidden? :huh:
 
There’s 102 on the forum’s register, but many more I suspect. More of them in the warehouse than I thought!
 
These are popping up all over. I suspect Honda has decided to get them gone once and for all. My local Honda-only dealer had 4 of them last week for $6000.

I'm really starting to second guess my plan to buy a '17 EX or a Z900RS this year. Going with a '14 model and saving $5K is beginning to look very tempting to this retired guy's budget.
 
Anyone want to go halfsies with me, buy a dozen bikes, and start a motorcycle touring operation here in Utah? We have some of the best riding in the U.S. And those bikes are 1/3 the price of new Harleys... :)
 
Thread starter
I went by there yesterday morning (to buy tires) and the manager told me that they had 20, and that he could not pass up the opportunity of getting them at the price that Honda offered them to him.

Then, last night on my commute home I saw one in traffic. The first one I've seen in the wild here in town, other than mine. :biker:
 
Roper_imp said:
Anyone want to go halfsies with me, buy a dozen bikes, and start a motorcycle touring operation here in Utah? We have some of the best riding in the U.S. And those bikes are 1/3 the price of new Harleys... :)
I'd be tempted if only for the opportunity to live out there! lol
 
If you're serious about starting a touring company, please consider leasing new bikes each year rather than buying them. Your customers may not be pleased with riding "old" bikes after you've had them a few years.
 
Yeah, but...the CB1100 already looks old. That's what's so cool about it. But, I understand. Lots of people don't feel that way. No, I don't have the capacity to start a touring company, Maybe when I retire from my day job.
 
Honda must be uncrating a lot of leftover bikes. I just saw an add for new 2014 Interceptors for $6,700. MSRP $12,500.
 
What does the insurance cost for a motorcycle touring company? Anybody know? A lot I would imagine. Probably the same for leasing bikes out.

I live in an area that would be great for motorcycle tours. One of the most beautiful areas of the country. And I'm just south of the Canadian Selkirk's too, right on the route. I've been wondering why nobody has setup tours here, but most riders probably just bring their own bikes.
 
It might be the length of the riding season. I grew up in Idaho. Couer d'Alene is one of the most beautiful areas of the country. And I think Glacier on a motorcycle would be breathtaking. For about three months out of the year.
 
Glacier is frustrating on a motorcycle. Every time I've been, there's been too much tourist traffic on Going to the Sun road to make it an enjoyable experience. Much nicer IMO is Glacier National Park in British Columbia, east of Revelstoke. Scant traffic and the mountains are considerably more dramatic.
 
At this price are they charging a delivery/setup fee?
I'm looking to get back into a CB1100 as I regret selling my 2013.
 
Thread starter
dr_rock_imp said:
At this price are they charging a delivery/setup fee?
I'm looking to get back into a CB1100 as I regret selling my 2013.
Call them at 904-773-4164. Talk to Scott and tell him Nelson Colon sent you.
 
Nemo_imp said:
dr_rock_imp said:
At this price are they charging a delivery/setup fee?
I'm looking to get back into a CB1100 as I regret selling my 2013.
Call them at 904-773-4164. Talk to Scott and tell him Nelson Colon sent you.
Call them at 904-773-4164. Talk to Scott and tell him Nelson Colon sent you. Thanks!
 
I spoke with Scott yesterday regarding these bikes and it sounds like they purchased up possibly all of Honda's left over 2014 inventory. He was really nice and willing to work with me as an out of town buyer. Unfortunately the price does not include setup fees... The price is $7k plus tax title and license which is still a good deal, but I think I might be able to find something similar here in Mn.
 
Back
Top