A Bunch of Random Pictures

Frulk_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just thought I'd throw together a thread with a collection of pictures.


Saturday AM I rode to Ogden's Historic 25th Street (or as its known locally 2 Bit Street). Back when the railroad came through Ogden in force the city's nickname was "The Crossroads of the West". With the railroad came the usual suspects (speakeasy's, carpet baggers, ladies of ill repute and so forth). Was quite the rough and tumble place. Now a days its toned down significantly.

Ogden, Utah - Wikipedia

Had breakfast at a local diner and took this pic out the front window. Not a lot of traffic since it was around 8:30 AM. Temps were brisk...around 40 +/-. A couple of TV shows use the store fronts for their backgrounds. Notably the series 'Yellowstone' with Kevin Costner.

c5cbd1ab7b0f1823447ea91ec05bbd0a.jpg


Since we're discussing the Indian FTR on another thread. I stopped by the Indian dealer 3 weeks back and looked at some very nice machinery. If the FTR really does price out at mid $15,000 and has the usual add-on's like tax, title and so forth it will likely exceed the threshold for what I'd want to pay for that style bike. Especially considering I have an XR1200 in the garage I'm exceedingly happy with (the bump in power and drop in weight of the FTR not withstanding).

This Indian was $22,000 and would be my first choice of their current product line.

3f5ba941b6bc909cec5038577a23c807.jpg


This model was also in the running for my wallets contents at approx. $25,000 on the floor.

16754d086dde42f0e46e6db632f3534f.jpg


Some pictures below my friend took at the Salt Lake City Distinguished Gentleman's ride this year.

e02cb6e7ee1c988f5c9a19a70970a16e.jpg


The riders contingent on the steps of the Utah State Capitol.

871a15813c91075322817e2b12f4071d.jpg


Honda was represented. My friend told me he saw a CB1100 there. I was unable to go as I was in SW'n Wyoming that weekend working on the Wyoming State Native Trout Slam.

cbb14810b334b2338e907b288bf0dcdf.jpg


A friends garage. The Harleys are on the other side of the bay. The Triumph in the foreground was just visiting.

7324e06c66b374440d8aedd354cf1ec3.jpg


Same friend with his Triumph Scrambler climbing the mountains north of Salt Lake to about 9,100 feet. Picture is looking north. He can't say enough good things about both the 2018 Scrambler and Bobber that he owns.

f1123fda339a0cdd6e332a618d517c20.jpg


Wanted to take the CB1100 out on the freeway and try out that muffler I bought off CB Forum member Peking Duck. I've had it on for a week commuting and the it's louder-ER than stock but not offensive at normal speeds/RPMs. More of a lower growl. Today I rode out to Stoddard Utah to a well known road house that used to be called Kelly's. Owner passed away recently and it's under new management. Anyway, wanted to see how the muffler sounded at freeway speeds. LOUDER. Noticeable at 75+. Would I want to do an extended trip of 3-4 days at freeway speeds. Probably not. Going to put in the removable silencer and see how that sounds at those speeds. Should quiet it down considerably. The look of it is growing on me. Couple of 20 somethings really like that can. Told me so while I was getting gas.

As I was leaving to try out the muffler

dc96b66da5a7a2388e7b1022ef1f5d17.jpg


At the road house.

31294d07136c98183df352363d58cd1c.jpg


Back from todays ride.

bafafce3b4cf9b44b59f41722a01dafa.jpg


Today was another brisk day with temps in the high 40's during the ride through the canyon. You can still see the remnants of this years first snow from last weekend.
 
Thanks, Frulk. Great thread. What's the white bike at the DGR?
 
Cormanus, looks like it may be a Yamaha XS Eleven. Early 80's... they made a cruiser style and a roadster style. Think I can make out the badge on the side cover.

Ben
 
Thread starter
Ben 70 said...."Is the Wyoming Trout Slam available at Denny's?"

I see what you did there Ben ….:)

This was the picture of the RoadHouse I wanted to post..other one was by mistake...

21a451746fae2fee180791ac64458c57.jpg
 
Back
Top