A bitter anniversary.

Ferrealls_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well, my little sweet 1100 passed her 1100 mile mark on Tuesday. I was so proud. She was screaming with joy going about 105 around a country turn in Alaska. I parked her in the shop, gave her a smack on the tush and called it a night. The next day I tore my common flexor tendon in my elbow. Full arm immobilization for 6 months. What a sad day.
 
Well NUTS!! (or some other 4 letter word) That does put a crimp into this years riding season for sure. At least it is not permenant grounding. Guess you could polish her up with the hand that is not immobilized -- still, I'm really sorry for your bad luck!
 
Not good.Sorry to hear that! But you answered a question I had been thinking about- the new "meats", Scorpions? sound like they are working out well. Are you able to work one armed? Hope you mend quickly. Jon Z
 
Ferrealls_imp said:
Well, my little sweet 1100 passed her 1100 mile mark on Tuesday. I was so proud. She was screaming with joy going about 105 around a country turn in Alaska. I parked her in the shop, gave her a smack on the tush and called it a night. The next day I tore my common flexor tendon in my elbow. Full arm immobilization for 6 months. What a sad day.
you don't say if you had an accident on the bike?
 
Sorry to hear the bad news ferrealls! Looks like our already short riding season will be cut even shorter. On a lighter note I'm glad to finally find another cb1100 owner in alaska on the forum! Hope you heal well and try not to go to crazy with all the down time.
 
OUCH!! Sounds like it happened in a way that means the CB1100 will be ready for your return to riding rather than needing hospitalisation. That is a small consolation.

Seriously, I hope you heal quickly and comfortably.
 
Thread starter
Jonz_imp said:
Not good.Sorry to hear that! But you answered a question I had been thinking about- the new "meats", Scorpions? sound like they are working out well. Are you able to work one armed? Hope you mend quickly. Jon Z
Man, I love those tires. Scorpion MT90 in the back only. MT60 RS in the front. They're amazing. Feel great on the highway and completely stable on looser roads and wet roads. They make that bike a whole different animal here in AK.

cbdtran_imp said:
Ferrealls_imp said:
Well, my little sweet 1100 passed her 1100 mile mark on Tuesday. I was so proud. She was screaming with joy going about 105 around a country turn in Alaska. I parked her in the shop, gave her a smack on the tush and called it a night. The next day I tore my common flexor tendon in my elbow. Full arm immobilization for 6 months. What a sad day.
you don't say if you had an accident on the bike?
Didn't happen on the bike. Too much really heavy lifting.

Tim_in_AZ_imp said:
Two words. Battery tender.
Best wishes on your recovery.
On it!
 
Back
Top