A beautiful spring day in Florida!!

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Man, if you live in Florida and we're not out riding today, you missed an amazing day. Not a cloud in the sky,
temps this am in the 60's at the beach and in the low 80's with low humidity this afternoon. Wow!!!
I rode from Treasure Island (Tampa Bay Area) over the Skyway bridge, down 301 to Sarasota, then 41 down to Venice then 776 down through Englewood to Boca Grande. 225 miles round trip...left at 8:30, got back at 6:00.
54 mpg...now 525 miles on her...I'm loving this bike!! Here's some shots...with commentary.

A shot of the gulf right down the street from my place...calm waters today.
After I left here...I stopped and talked with a guy cleaning his really clean 1974 Norton Commando 850.
He's going to sell it...$5000, because he can't kick it anymore. His 67 year old knees are giving out.
Wish I would have taken a pix...it was nice.

ddd986ad0d6760f445e30109ad9cf71f.jpg


Stopped at the bridge to let a boat go by... "Hey, my place is a bit up the road on the right, you can leave it there." He didn't listen...

8cea135b188687cd7d33eaf5bd2a296d.jpg


Old lighthouse in Boca Grande. It needs some work...

068ef7a13b537824249382dd62851c65.jpg


Where Boca Grande is... south of Tampa Bay, east, northeast of Ft. Myers.

63b6776f7b49a638eedfee27ea67fac8.jpg


Banyan Trees on Banyan Road...

8245e2d9cb3f189a6b55b0042dd14a98.jpg


Your truly...

36335a784062fa66cb2a603202a74ae0.jpg


As I said, the water was real calm today..

5c1e9012562354a0fb6f31af4f3046c2.jpg


Anyone for golf? Nice course...

0ea88e44c0f23461bb748d4310ffc021.jpg






Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Nice pics Ride4now...looks like you had a great day!
 
Great pics. I've spent a couple of great afternoons on the beach at Boca Grande and one fantastic dinner at a place there called Temptation. One of the couples we ride with have a place very close to there. We are trying to plan a trip to visit them and get some riding time in the area. Thanks for sharing. :D
 
Great pics, ride4now. Thanks for sharing.
 
Back
Top