'80 CB900 Turn Signals

ColdSteel_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hey all,

I am brand new here and looking for help. I recently purchased a 1980 CB900 which was in fantastic shape, But... the headlight was HORRIBLE at night. Being concerned about safety, I purchased a new LED headlight replacement. The install went super easy, plugged right in to the factory harness and worked perfectly. Except now the turn signals dont function properly. They do turn on, but either just stay on steady burn, or blink VERY slowly. Now I am somewhat familiar with 12v electrical systems, and I would assume there is not enough resistance from the headlight being LED and that is causing the problem with the turn signals? Either way, I am unsure of how to rectify the problem, and dont want to go poking around if I dont have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

-ColdSteel-:thanks:
 
Hi Coldsteel and welcome to the forum yes your right about the resistance issue being caused by the led head light it's the same issue created when you attempt to put led turn signals on older bikes from my experience with both my 78 kz650 and my 94 nighthawk simply changing the turn signal flasher relay to a digital one will resolve your troubles you can pick up digital flashers at about any local auto parts store both if mine are the old style two prong flashers
51f22443b9b11ab54b4dd3ce59813cd4.jpg
3d6aa8c7d3f2958c4f0914017e541c57.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Arctic cb1100_imp said:
Hi Coldsteel and welcome to the forum yes your right about the resistance issue being caused by the led head light it's the same issue created when you attempt to put led turn signals on older bikes from my experience with both my 78 kz650 and my 94 nighthawk simply changing the turn signal flasher relay to a digital one will resolve your troubles you can pick up digital flashers at about any local auto parts store both if mine are the old style two prong flashers
51f22443b9b11ab54b4dd3ce59813cd4.jpg
3d6aa8c7d3f2958c4f0914017e541c57.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Artic,

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it! I will be heading to the store to find one today.

-ColdSteel-
 
Back
Top