8 Amazing Modern Retro-Classic Motorcycles For 2022 at EICMA

GoldOxide_imp said:
This should be enjoyable with a lowball.
I'll tell my wife you said it was OK. Guess I know what I am watching (read drinking) while she watches her reality TV garbage. :D
 
Ugh. Black wheels on a supposedly “retro”-styled bike just doesn’t cut it for me. The only styling treatment worse than that is the current fashion of brown seats. Where did that come from?! The first Royal Enfield in the video — all shiny black but with a brown seat and brown grips! Really hideous.
 
Nothing in there I'd trade my CB 1100 for
 
The thruxton/speed twin is of course mouthwatering but ultimately nothing new. I think if something happened to my CB and I couldn't get a satisfactory replacement I'd be on a thruxton.
 
I think they all look really nice, but none of them speaks to me as "oh, that will be one I'll buy someday".

Does Triumph have a patent on their radiator so that nobody can copy it? Those poor Kawasakis...they look great as the camera rolls around them, until they get to the wide rectangular radiators. At that point it's an immediate "no thanks" from me. Even more noticeable as the Triumphs appear and you barely notice the tall, narrow radiators that blend in with the down tubes.

Still, fun to watch video. Would love to take each of them for a spin.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Ugh. Black wheels on a supposedly “retro”-styled bike just doesn’t cut it for me. The only styling treatment worse than that is the current fashion of brown seats. Where did that come from?! The first Royal Enfield in the video — all shiny black but with a brown seat and brown grips! Really hideous.
Totally agree, those brown seats are awful looking.
 
The Royal Enfields look kinda interesting, for Enfields anyway. The Benelli single 400 is interesting for a retro, or a real retro.
 
If I hadn't gotten such good deal on the CB1100, I would have gone with a Triumph, but I'm a Honda fan from the get and have had several. I had an Acura Legend Coupe for 25 years, my current car is an Accord V6 Coupe, my wife's ride is a CR-V, and I've had Honda outboard engines and generators, and will probably buy a Honda lawnmower when we move to TX.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
If I hadn't gotten such good deal on the CB1100, I would have gone with a Triumph, but I'm a Honda fan from the get and have had several. I had an Acura Legend Coupe for 25 years, my current car is an Accord V6 Coupe, my wife's ride is a CR-V, and I've had Honda outboard engines and generators, and will probably buy a Honda lawnmower when we move to TX.
... don't forget to add a Honda backup generator. :)
 
I had a sweet little Honda generator, EU2000, that I used on my sailboat. I put it way up into the bow, on deck, and ran it for 1.5 hours every 48hrs to keep the 400AH house batteries charged for the vessel refrigeration/stereo/TV/lights running. When I sold the boat, I kept the generator. My daughter, going to MIT at the time, used a crappy old construction generator for a part-time job there. I lent her, and her boyfriend, my Honda generator. Big mistake. They broke up, and I never saw that generator again.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I had a sweet little Honda generator, EU2000, that I used on my sailboat. I put it way up into the bow, on deck, and ran it for 1.5 hours every 48hrs to keep the 400AH house batteries charged for the vessel refrigeration/stereo/TV/lights running. When I sold the boat, I kept the generator. My daughter, going to MIT at the time, used a crappy old construction generator for a part-time job there. I lent her, and her boyfriend, my Honda generator. Big mistake. They broke up, and I never saw that generator again.
Ah, dang. Thief!

The good news is Honda still makes a very similar generator that continues to be great (same base model name).
 
That's a nice vid....
except it didn't include the Honda GB350, which is what's of interest to me atm...

more specifically....
c5946e4f9d6c848449bafeae94570d05.309017


a CL version ?!
 
Back
Top