70's filter addiction

grayta_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I can't help it. I get bored. I take a picture. I promise myself I'll just archive it. Then I think, "Just one little adjustment won't hurt, right?" Several steps later I have a 70's Polaroid photo. :cool:

I doubt I'd be doing this to a 2015 Ducati Diavel (which to me looks more like the Terminator than a motorcycle!), but the CB just seems so right for a retro treatment. Anyway, it's my own little addiction. :D
 
Thread starter
Thanks! Mostly just Camera+ on my iPhone. Occasionally I'll use ProCamera or even Instagram filters, but most of the time it's Camera+. Easy to use, cheap and there are enough filters that you can have fun but not so many that you get overwhelmed. These two photos were simply imported, auto enhanced, framed and washed through the 70s filter.
 
Thread starter
LMAO This board is seriously addicted to RLETs. I'm going to have to add them just to fit in! :D
 
That's right! You better :hello:
 
Looks great! I actually have a working Polaroid and some of the newly redeveloped 600 film that I received for Christmas. You've inspired me to actually take some shots of my CB. I'll do that and take photos of my photos and see how they compare to your effects. I suspect yours will look nicer. The new film hasn't been able to capture the full quality of the original Polaroid film. And, yes, I realize that's not a very high quality standard to match. Still, the technology that went into the original film was really something special. Those with any interest should watch the documentary, "The Impossible Project." Fascinating stuff.
 
Thread starter
I have an old Land Camera around here, too. Had no idea you could get any film for it. I might also have to try it.

And I agree, it'd be interesting to take a couple and then do a hi rez scan and see what they look like compared to digital stuff. I did have to drop the file rez to get them to upload here, might make it a little more "fair." :)
 
Yeah ... and if they don't come out the way you want you could enhance them!
 
Maybe it's just me, but I thought that this was going to be about fitting individual cylindrical air filters on each injector, a style that gained popularity in the 70's (?)...

But, nice pics, anyway !
 
furious_blue_imp said:
Maybe it's just me, but I thought that this was going to be about fitting individual cylindrical air filters on each injector, a style that gained popularity in the 70's (?)...

But, nice pics, anyway !
That's too funny, because that was my first thought also:D
 
Back
Top