7 Great Bikes For The Daily Commute

I don't get that article. There's no mention of the CB1100 in the text. Why the picture?
 
Thread starter
Exactly the point. I was so excited before being baited by the CB1100.

Although, I will give credit for selecting the Kawasaki Versys 650. Nice tall, well-equipped bike, especially the LT version.
 
Ah ... apologies ... I did not read your post thoroughly. Distracted by the eye candy, I guess.
 
Thread starter
jimgl3_imp said:
picture's worth a thousand words, right? at least it's featured in the correct position, #1 !
There might be some truth in that. Afterall, some effort is required to choose the cover image. As Frulk said, "Poor editing", maybe some laziness involved there and forgot to care.

- - -

BTW: Anyone here at the Forum know that rider on that bike?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
picture's worth a thousand words, right? at least it's featured in the correct position, #1 !
There might be some truth in that. Afterall, some effort is required to choose the cover image. As Frulk said, "Poor editing", maybe some laziness involved there and forgot to care.

- - -

BTW: Anyone here at the Forum know that rider on that bike?
Don't know the rider, but he sure makes that bike look tiny. Maybe it's the backpack. I'd guess he's well over 6' and 225 pounds, makes that CB11 looks like a 250-sized bike. Sure glad I can't see what I look like on mine.......
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
picture's worth a thousand words, right? at least it's featured in the correct position, #1 !
There might be some truth in that. Afterall, some effort is required to choose the cover image. As Frulk said, "Poor editing", maybe some laziness involved there and forgot to care.

- - -

BTW: Anyone here at the Forum know that rider on that bike?
Don't know the rider, but he sure makes that bike look tiny. Maybe it's the backpack. I'd guess he's well over 6' and 225 pounds, makes that CB11 looks like a 250-sized bike. Sure glad I can't see what I look like on mine.......
Yeah, I hear you pekingduck. I feel the same way as he appears on the CB. I am even worse on the Triumph T1xx series. :-/
 
Among the 7 bikes is not a single one that looks a little bit attractive. Except the CB, which has nothing to do with the articel but is a very good commuter anyway. Each bike can be a good commuter, if you like to ride on it. Only a few can beat the fuel consumption of a well driven Prius. So the argument to use a motorbike for saving fuel is not overall right. If I want to save fuel, I will drive my Prius or the Bullet. They can do it very good. The CB isn't too bad at it neither but way above both mentioned.

Wisedrum
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
picture's worth a thousand words, right? at least it's featured in the correct position, #1 !
There might be some truth in that. Afterall, some effort is required to choose the cover image. As Frulk said, "Poor editing", maybe some laziness involved there and forgot to care.

- - -

BTW: Anyone here at the Forum know that rider on that bike?
Don't know the rider, but he sure makes that bike look tiny. Maybe it's the backpack. I'd guess he's well over 6' and 225 pounds, makes that CB11 looks like a 250-sized bike. Sure glad I can't see what I look like on mine.......
Yeah, I hear you pekingduck. I feel the same way as he appears on the CB. I am even worse on the Triumph T1xx series. :-/
Yeah, I hear you pekingduck. I feel the same way as he appears on the CB. I am even worse on the Triumph T1xx series. :-/
When I see an oncoming bike, it amazes me how wrong I am on what they're riding.
I'm 6'2" and 260 pounds. I've ridden a Grom on some 100 mile trips. People probably didn't even see I was on a bike!
 
A clickbait article. Grom? On my commute? I'd be run over before I made it to the left side of the freeway.

On the way to my mom's for Christmas, heading south on I-5 in the car laden with gifts and food, I ran into a ball of traffic around Camp Pendleton. It was a guy on a Monkey with a paper temp plate on the back. The poor guy was wound out, but was holding up traffic. I imagined he'd bought the bike for someone as a gift and was on the way to tuck it under a Christmas tree somewhere south.
 
I probably look about like this

Does this bike make my butt look big?
Hope not. Maybe my windscreen and top box make it look like it fits me better.
That's OK, it feels big enough for me while I'm riding it. Haven't had anyone tell me to get back on the sidewalk yet! :D

Ben
 
Nope, not Captain America. I am going to get a pic of me on my bike, though, just to see what it looks like.
Marketing types choose munchkins to model small stuff so it appears larger. This is the reverse effect.
I am happy with the size. It's big enough to haul me and my stuff, and heavy enough to handle well in a breeze, and I can still push it around. I am a bit under 6'.

Ben
 
I'm a bit under 6' as well ...... ( a good bit lol)
 
Here's how I look riding mine (the day I brought it home). I'm pretty small 5'6 179 pounds. I think I even make it look small, although not as much as the guy in the article.. to me it's always been a 750 sized bike

6a712c7e9d43fc88adafb67389e97515.jpg
 
Back
Top