Great that your mom is out of the hospital. Sounds like a memorable ride and one that gave you new insights and experience about the bike and riding conditions.
Ferret Good point. First of all I loved the gear! Hot wired jacket worked well I was using the controller settings start at " Max" Hi med low. I never needed it on max. I forgot to mention that I also picked up a frog tog jacket to go over my mesh riding jacket which I took out the inner 2 piece cold liner. i also snapped the arm snaps on riding jacket to hold arm heating elements more closely to my arms. It's nice to have the connection ports for gloves right at the wrist from jacket . Gloves are great but I could see heated grips also in the future as the only temperature variation " colder " was in palm area. I will need frog togs bottoms as after about 3 hours in the rain my knees get damp the freeze out gear is great I won't even try wearing conventional long johns. I wore the neck cover and a balaclava. With all the new gear 2 times I took off and forgot to latch my helmet... both times very short distance. I do unplug be for dispensing gas.. under the jacket only base layer long sleeve and tee shirt. Frog tog is a great wind breaker also held heat in . I ended up shipping a box of stuff home instead of having to try and pack it. I will be using this gear even in 50 *. Weather. Being warm and comfortable make it a safer ride instead of stiff and cold. I would like some recommendations for rain on a helmet lens. I used rain x. And fog x. I found myself trying to get in good position to have wind blow water off I think the buffering from road comet2 has a sweet spot. Please ask questions if I did not make sense!